Air shock question...

-

myasylum

Reaction score
I just got new springs, and a new 8 3/4 rear end. I realized the only thing I didn't buy was new shocks... Whoops!

I did end up putting everything together, and I just put in my old air shocks, it's just temporary. With these new springs, I've realized I don't need air shocks at all (That was the point). BUT... I would like to resell these. Does it ruin the shocks to run them without air? They are only about a year old. I could put air in them, but the car really doesnt need to be any higher then it already is :) I'll probaly be using them for about a week or two. I'm not real sure how the "air shock" works.

Thanks!

shouldnt hurt them but they arnt doing much... may wanna just put a few pounds in them.

Not sure with air shocks but know it is not good on air bags. I would run them at 3-5 PSI to be safe.

No. Without air they act like regular shocks. Unless they are worn out.

I just installed some air shocks and the instructions said Do Not Use Without Air.

The El Camino and GMC Sprint came from the factory with air shocks. They could be adjusted from zero to ride like a regular shock to pumped up to take a heavy load. It was in the owners manual. Maybe the aftermarket air shocks are different. I have run them before with no air and never had a problem.

The El Camino and GMC Sprint came from the factory with air shocks. They could be adjusted from zero to ride like a regular shock to pumped up to take a heavy load. It was in the owners manual. Maybe the aftermarket air shocks are different. I have run them before with no air and never had a problem.

Ok sure.But why would you buy airshocks just to run them without air?I like you stroker you're funny

I have a set of Monroe Max air shocke on my Dart and the instructions say min 20 lbs.Dont know why.

An air shock is a regular shock with air assist. You can run them with minimal air or inflate to aid in weight carrying ability. I just took some of my car to replace them with coilovers, I ran mine with 5 LBS to keep the air bag from chafing.

-
Back