Air Shocks 76 Dart Sport

-
I am going through this same thing right now with my Ginger
(only I want to raise her, because I AM running N50s on her)

anyway, Tony (whitepunkonnitro) offered me up a set of springs from a valiant wagon for 150 plus shipping

that should do the trick for you, and is way cheaper then you originally priced out

This is what I am talking about. This says for Chevy/GMC truck but they should work.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rls-67-3809/overview/

Yep same ones I came up with.

And Excuse my Ignorance but, Top or Bottom?? And Why exactly do I need these again, I have FULL Clearance under the Dart for the Air Shocks, they don't interfere with anything and there is plenty of room around each of them. Wouldn't extensions put more Pressure on the original mounting locations as they are moving the original locations?? Still not sure why I need these. those dang things cost more than the set of Air shocks did LOL.

Ok, looking around on Google and looks as if they Mount to the LOWER part of the Shock. Still, Wouldn't these cause more undu pressure and odd pressure points to the Lower Shock Mount since the angles are now OFF compared to the Original Shock Mount.

Yes, the extensions attach at the bottom.

Yes, the extensions attach at the bottom.

Thanks. Still not sure why they are needed, the air shocks clear everything under there. Anyway, those will have to wait until Next payday, Funds are getting tapped out right now. tooo many things to fix on tooooo many vehicles.

It's not about clearance. It's about the little bit of extra room needed on rebound. With the rear end jacked up so high, any rebound will snatch and pull at the shock mounts. The extensions eliminate that.

It's not about clearance. It's about the little bit of extra room needed on rebound. With the rear end jacked up so high, any rebound will snatch and pull at the shock mounts. The extensions eliminate that.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Greatly appreciate the input from you and all the other's.

If you end up using the air shocks at a length other than almost or pumped up all the way, you may not need the extensions. It's probably best to have them though.

Says 120 PSI Max on them, Running about 90 PSI in them Right now. I would prefer the Leaf Spring Set up myself and will Run that eventually but just gotta save up for it, can only do so much each month my VA Check. UGH. I really need to win that lottery LOL.

I understand and can relate completely. The air shocks will ride rough, but they work. Good luck with all og it and saving for springs. I know how frustrating it is not to be able to afford stuff.

I once made a set of plates that bolted between the front spring hanger and the body. They had an extra set of holes that allowed me to drop the front of the springs where the top bolts went into the bottom holes and just had bolts in the top holes. You may need some angle shims to correct your pinion angle. This was on a 70 Cuda and it helped cure a wheel hop with the slicks I was running.

That's one AWESOME looking Ride there Blue Dream.

N-50's on a 6 Banger LOL, Yeah, those would be for LOOKS only then LOL.

Thanks!

Also, back when I got my wheels and tires, I had a slant six too. There was no way I could afford a V8 swap in high school, so I did cosmetic things instead. My poor high mileage slant didn't even come close to being able to break traction, but at least it looked cool! Once I got a V8 in there, I was glad that I already had the wheels and tires that I wanted. It's all about the end goal. Plan ahead and you'll save yourself a lot of money in the long run.

Good luck with your build. I look forward to seeing what you do to the car next! It's a neat ol' Dart.

Eventually the /6 will come out and A small block will go in, but one thing at a time LOL. The Air Shocks are already leaking. They held fine for the First 2 weeks, now, they deflate over night. Gotta get under it today and find the leak. UGH.

-
Back