Air Suspension

-

Realest

gearhead 4 life
Reaction score
Hey guys,
sorry if this subject has been brought up before but i am just curious on other views about air suspension systems. i just got my catalogue from air ride technologies and am sad to see that they only offer kits for E and B Body Mopars. i am hoping that with a little more research i might be able to use a different kit in my A body with minor fabrication. I am not after an air suspension system to 'drop my ride' in the dirt like many ricers or low riders...that would be silly. LOL I am after the performance aspect of the systems, being a semi truck service tech i see these systems all day long. I really believe its something worth spending a few dollars to get versatile suspension....softer for comfortable cruising or harder for times performance. I just hope that by the time i get around to doing the dart, that a kits has been created.

Anyone else like the idea of Air Suspensions?

I'm working on air ride for the back of my dart. Since I moved the battery, and some other stuff way back from the rear axle this is the way I'm going to work it out. The weight got moved back about 2+ feet and the rear springs were already soft to begin with. It will keep the car leveled out when I fill the tank or have people in the back. It makes sense to me to do it this way that way I don't have the stink bug stance when no one else is in the car, or a full tank. I'm piecing my stuff together, I am putting a set of the convoluted bags, and for air tanks I'm using two small 2 1/2lb extinguisher bodies. This way it all fits under the rear storage floor.

I am running air ride on all 4. The triangular 4 link in the rear is sweet but I am having some issues in the front. Just so you know you can not run 7000 series air ride on the front without support from the torsion bars. If you go with alterkation you will need to use coilover on the front. The larger bags that you need for the front will not fit the alterk. If you run the 7000 bags on the front you will need the tubular upper control arms for clearance. Hope this makes sense.

-
Back