air vent box 64 Valiant

-

cuda65vpt

cuda65vpt
Reaction score
Has anybody removed the drivers side air vent box and/or door from a 64-66 Valiant? My door is missing & broken and it seems to be a riveted to the box setup. I have a salvage lot willing to sell me the whole box, but we can't figure out how to remove it. Can't seem to find any clips or bolts. Maybe some of you Hotrodders that have disassembled these will know what I need to know.

there is a metal rod that hooks to the top of the hole in the cowl opening and extends down through the bottom of the air duct. on the bottom of the duct is a nut that needs to be unscrewed and the duct should come loose.

There are two rods on the drivers side. And they require a 5/16 wrench or socket. Suggest spraying them inside the box before you start to loosen as they tend to rust and twist, in turn breaking part of the fiberglass box. I to am looking for the same side vent/door assembly.

Apparently they all get junky over time, my is nasty also. Im thinking about asking one of these "heater rebuilder" guys to fix my box for me when they rebuild my heater box.

-
Back