Aircleaner baseplate-clearances

-

tom340

Reaction score
This shouldnt be tricky but need to figure out what combination will fit for my '70 Duster. Details: Stock original hood, nothing weird going on with the motor mounts, 340 block, intake is Edelbrock Performer RPM which is definitely taller than the factory 340 intake, Edlebrock Thunder carb. and lastly automatic trans linkage (all stock brackets)

Installing basic 14" K&N open element, and ordered the cover from RamAirBox (nice looking brushed aluminum) I tried a 1 1/4" drop base from Summit and it interfered with fuel line to carb and choke. Tried someones 3/4" drop base, clears everything easily but aircleaner top is snugly pushed into the hood insulation pad. Dont want to Fk up a really nice looking lid.

Any ideas how to make this work without removing the insulation pad? Radical ideas like hood scoop or swapping carbs are out. Was thinking of maybee a 1" drop base and a base spacer..

I have a 383 in my 68 dart, OEM GTS hood, no insulation.

Performer RPM Manifold.

Used to have a Edelbrock 800AVS, now has a Holley 750.

My throttle and Kickdown cables and mounting brackets are by Lokar .

I used a Trans-Dapt 14 X 3 air cleaner, 1" drop-base. No interference at all with either carbs.

BTW, I have a Ram-Air-Box Cold Air Induction kit...

MomAuntTinaandUncleJohnny001.jpg

---

That Ram Air box is pretty trick unit, but Im only going to be using one of their 14" covers. 3/4" drop comes pretty close to my fuel inlet

-
Back