Al Bundy's Car

-

ThogtheCaveman

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
Ok so I was watching married with children the other day, and it was the episode where his car is dying on him and he is trying to track down parts for it. Anyway, my question is what kind of dodge is it? It looked like an A body, like a demon, but the front and grill almost looked like a '68 valiant.:scratch: This is kind of a dumb post, but if you know I am interested! :thumbup:

I always thought it was a late (post '73) duster. I hated that they always called it a dodge, but the car actually changed as they went from season to season. One episode it was a '70-'72 duster. Cool to watch the show just to see the car, and Kelly, of course.

Yep......Duster. I loved the show, but had to be a Chevy guy 'writer'. My Brand 'X' buddys gave me the business over that one. All in fun of course. Remember the episode when a car went by outside and you could hear a collision and a guy yell "DAMN DODGE" Al always seemed to push that car everywhere it went. Terry.

headsbikesmopars said:
Yep......Duster. I loved the show, but had to be a Chevy guy 'writer'. My Brand 'X' buddys gave me the business over that one. All in fun of course. Remember the episode when a car went by outside and you could hear a collision and a guy yell "DAMN DODGE" Al always seemed to push that car everywhere it went. Terry.

Yes but in the end he bought it back with a new payment book.

There were a couple episode's where it was a brown 72 with a 70/71 front-end and a 73/74 front bumper.

It was a 72 Duster, I used to have alink to a site that talked about and had pictures. The back tail lights were the wider version of the 70-71 and as far as I know that only came in 72.

I saw one episode that was all about his duster's odomiter turning all the way over back to all zero and dodge wanted to use it in a commercial about dodges lasting forever. The car rolled out of the garage and into the neighbors yard and he missed it.

360scamp said:
I saw one episode that was all about his duster's odomiter turning all the way over back to all zero and dodge wanted to use it in a commercial about dodges lasting forever. The car rolled out of the garage and into the neighbors yard and he missed it.

I remember that one he was supposed to get a new Viper or something like that for the comercial wasn't he.

Yes, it was a Duster. There was also that episode where he ran it through a car wash and found out that it was actually red... :)

Flatblack said:
Yes, it was a Duster. There was also that episode where he ran it through a car wash and found out that it was actually red... :)

But when he pops the trunk open to make sure his big'uns magazines were still there (and the picture of the family he had in one of them) it was that crap brown on the inside of the trunk. That episode was just on like a day or 2 ago.

Al Bundy, he's my idol. LOL

360scamp said:
haha i watched this episode about 2 weeks ago, i kept trying to get a look at the car and was like dodge...thats a duster :scratch:

-
Back