alig. help and specs

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
well i have installed new uca busing and now i going to put in the new ball joints...i have my car jacked up a little in the front cause of the s/s/ springs jacked the back up a little...so now i must fig. out if i want to keep it up or go back down...its a street/strip car 99.5 strip.( i only drive it to the stroe which is 2 miles from home to get a little pump gas sometime) but anyway i want to do this once and try an get it right...should i let the front down about a inch or two before alig.??? and would it work better down than it would up..my thinking is if i let it down it should hit harder and stick there as long as the shocks will keep it up (comp 90/10 right now /going qa-1s later this yr.)now my thinking is this as far as being up it will hit and good then get pushed back down faster cause the back shocks(mp long drags/qa-1 planed) will not stay down if the front is already up that much more....other words just takeing some of the load off the back shocks before the hit....it may sound crazy but thats way im asking for help..plan to have the car alig. next week..also i know i need to raise the car 1" while doing but what other specs should i tell them i want chamber and caster wise.....thanks guys..sorry so long..as you can see the front is up just a little....i know i need to jack it up and see how much ext. i have as well...

70 duster 004.jpg

okay how baout do i lower or stay up..and thanks for the help

okay how baout do i lower or stay up..and thanks for the help
well the idea rake is i remember is like 1.5" lower or something in the front. that is the most aerodynamic vs 0 rake and alot! of rake. 1.5" could be wrong i'll have to check my chassis book again. but lower is better!

-
Back