All-Mopar show in Salem, Oregon

-

OlDuster

Reaction score
I just came back from showing my Dart in the All-Mopar event in Salem. I have attended this event for 4 years. The numbers were down this year. I am guessing we had a decrease of 30-35% from 2005. I am not aware of any conflicts for Mopars. What is causing this slide in participation? How are the numbers at other events, nationwide?

i heard while i was there that carlisle was the only show that they run with numbers trending upward.the mopar madness show here in va. in the spring enjoyed thier best attendance there ever this year. nearly doubled from last year...

I live near Eugene but had to miss it. There was a cruise and show-n-shine in Springfield yesterday and the guy's I talked to were waiting to go to the "All Mopar" drags at Woodburn today. There were a lot of Mopar's running around last night but maybe the price of gas kept them closer to home.

It doies seem that the interest in Mopars are declining here in Or. Our Mopar club here in Eugene is of no more. They were around a long time, but it just seemed to be smaller and smaller every year.

To bad about the club disbanding. Maybe it's not just Mopar's because I know there almost wasn't a cruise in Klamath Falls this year because the clubs were closing down. Do you know why the quit having the Mopar show-n-shine in Eugene?

I am not really to sure why the club ended. I think it just wasn't getting enough people to join, or show up for the show. Sad as it was alway pretty good. I also heard that Cottage Grove wasn't going ot have a cruz this year. Somethin about ins. But I guess a bank picked up on that so they are going to have on, but it won't be downtown like it use to be.

I hadn't heard anything different on the Cottage Grove cruise. My buddy is bringing his 1918 Dodge bucket hot rod over from Klamath Falls and they didn't say anything when he registered. Hope not, that's a really nice cruise through town. I've been looking forward to burning up gas there for months.

He sure is. How are you doing? Still have the green Duster sitting in my yard. Going to put the six from the Valiant in it next month. Willie tells me you got a lot a Mopars sitting around. Good to hear from you. Charlie

I thought that was you! What are you doing with the Green one? Plans etc.?

I finally bit the bullet and bought a 73 with all the options that I wanted. I have a twin parts one. All the rest is F body and other "stuff".

I did attend Woodburn. It is a good show and well worth attending. I did not see alot of A body specific parts but I did score an A body 8 1/4" rear with a 4.10 and a Sure-Grip. It is more gear than I wanted, but it will work.

The show area had lots of cars, I don't know specifically how many, but there was at least 50 cars, probably alot more. The drags were good.

Hopefully I will be ready to race mine next year. I am looking at a 360 on Thursday.

Have a good day, ROB

I talked to the club pres., she said that there were 20 less cars this year. She thought it might be gas prices that kept some home. No cars from Cal. this year. Did have the one Cuda drive down from Alaska.

wow, oregon guys, i thought i was the only one here, i am in eugene too, i am pretty new here though. i joined the eugene Mopar club, but too late, it was in its last gasps,had plenty of members but nobody attended monthly meetings, i went to the very last meeting of it where we vorted to disband, kind of sad though, i still have the numbers of some of those people.
neal

Another Oregon guy! I live over the hill from you in Northern Klamath county, about 2 hours away.

Good to know there are some of us out there.

ROB

Valiant72 said:
I hadn't heard anything different on the Cottage Grove cruise. My buddy is bringing his 1918 Dodge bucket hot rod over from Klamath Falls and they didn't say anything when he registered. Hope not, that's a really nice cruise through town. I've been looking forward to burning up gas there for months.

So, did they have the cruz in cotage Grove, I had to be out of town that week end so wasn't able to check it out.

HOT!!! Went to the show-n-shine and even with all the shade it was hot. Cars were down about 30%. Had some really nice folks there. A lot of them enjoyed talking about their cars which doesn't always happen. They changed the cruise route from downtown to River Ave. By the time we got back home it was 105 deg. and my Valiant was running hot so we skipped the cruise. I heard a lot of cars were pulling over with overheating problems. Did anyone go to Coburg yesterday?

Too bad I missed it. I have always lied the Cottage Grove cruz. I didn't know about the one in coburg. So i would have to say, no, ddin't make it.

i guess i should check in more often. im in roseburg. cottage grove is a hop away. would like to hook up wih some mopar folks but never hear of any local.

Nice to hear from some Mopar guy's so close. Cottage Grove is worth the trip. I've heard nothing but good things about Roseburg cruz. My best friend went to "Hot August Night's" last week and really had a good time but he wasn't real impressed with the swap meet.

Hi all, Just found this old thread. I would also like to know where all the Mopars are going... or why not they are going. I started the Pentastar Pride club 18 years ago with some like minded folks... a few years we enjoyed close to or over 200 cars.... I have heard in a Council Meeting attendance numbers were down in all clubs and they thought there were too many events in the Willamette Valley... Still I enjoy the event - the people and the cars.
I am open to all suggestions how to attract more for the event. It's been my dream to make this event huge !

-
Back