Almost a new year

-
2021 has been decent for the most part. I'm semi-retired, so the 2020 covid junk cut my income by about 80%. I put a stranglehold on my wallet and made it through without having to dip into savings. Once things started to loosen up in 2021 and tippy-toe back towards normal, I was flooded with work. That's good for the bank account but bad for my personal life and car-fixing time. However, I managed to get the truck rebuilt and running nicely even if it has a disturbing ticking going on that I'll have to sort out promptly.

View attachment 1715818658

Work levels eased off to more normal demand in the last few months. I logged my property so no more worries about my monster trees tipping over and destroying stuff. That means the shop and house will get pounded with sun in summer so I put in a mini-split in the shop. Oh my, it's heavenly working in a t-shirt in winter. Having A/C in the summer will also be splendid. The house will get the same heat pump upgrade in a few weeks. First time in my life I'll have A/C in the house.

View attachment 1715818660

View attachment 1715818661

The last bit of news, I got a new dog. I wasn't really looking for one but was farting around on Petfinders one Sunday morning over coffee, and saw this.

View attachment 1715818663

It really got to me and I'm generally not one to tap into the mystical side of things although I do believe it's a factor in life. That look said "Hey, Halfafish, I am your dog and you don't even know it yet. Come get me."

After mulling it over for a bit I took the plunge and two weeks later Dixie came to her new forever home. She's a rescue and a fabulous dog.

View attachment 1715818662

All in all, it's not been a bad year. I need to continue to keep my workload under control - I'm no longer willing to shortcut myself to keep up with demand. I'll do as much as I want to and the rest of it can sort itself out with someone else.

Here's hoping y'all are doing as well.

Do you know what breed Dixie is? That is one beautiful dog you have. That you for taking on a rescue. It says something about your character.

Do you know what breed Dixie is? That is one beautiful dog you have. That you for taking on a rescue. It says something about your character.

She is a mixed breed but I'm certain she's mostly a Great Pyrenees. She was found as an injured stray in Texas and fostered there till she got better and came up my way to be fostered locally, where I found her. I'll know for sure what she's made of shortly, I decided to spring for a Doggy DNA test. She's small for the breed, only about 55# or so. A purebred GP even for a female will be more like 80-90# or so. Males can easily go over 100#. Yes, she's good looking, but that's not her best point. She is a true and gentle spirit that fit into the house immediately with no issues whatsoever other than being a bit protective - and we're working on that. Here she is, all settled in the first day she arrived.

Dixie2.jpg

She is a mixed breed but I'm certain she's mostly a Great Pyrenees. She was found as an injured stray in Texas and fostered there till she got better and came up my way to be fostered locally, where I found her. I'll know for sure what she's made of shortly, I decided to spring for a Doggy DNA test. She's small for the breed, only about 55# or so. A purebred GP even for a female will be more like 80-90# or so. Males can easily go over 100#. Yes, she's good looking, but that's not her best point. She is a true and gentle spirit that fit into the house immediately with no issues whatsoever other than being a bit protective - and we're working on that. Here she is, all settled in the first day she arrived.

View attachment 1715818979
There's a great Pyrenees that roams around the countryside by my house, that dude is easily 100+ pounds, 1 of my cats is a real badass. He ran up to that dog sideways all puffed up, big dog dropped down, gave my cat a hug then a nasty *** slobber bath and then I had to give him a real bath lol. Obviously best friends now

The one good thing about this past year suckin is, it can only get better from here.
Maybe I missed it but you seem to be doing well. You lost some weight and seemed to stay busy with car projects.
I ignored as many bullshit mandates and regulations as I could and lived my life as I always do.
I got this car running.....

JF 2.JPG

I converted this car to a Tremec 5 speed....

Folsom 10.JPG

This car is finally registered again and I've been driving it a bit....

Dart blue 1.jpg

I sold a car, bought a car, cut up a Toyota....
Life is good here.

Maybe I missed it but you seem to be doing well. You lost some weight and seemed to stay busy with car projects.
I ignored as many bullshit mandates and regulations as I could and lived my life as I always do.

View attachment 1715818997

View attachment 1715818998

View attachment 1715818999

Life is good here.
Just say "NO" to bs mandates and restrictions!

For all of You ( and your Family Members) who have had medical issues/ and worse, my sincere concern and condolences. I mean that. Bought this place a Lil bit outta Tampa in Feb of last year. Then Princess Died the day before Valentines, sold my 66 Sat and picked up a Duster. Been working on it in all my spare time, not even sure how much cash in parts.. Wife died, on of my Best Friends died too. Just been working for a living as a small remodeling/ handyman company and trying to work on my car. Started drinking beer again.....Thankfull to God for everything and everyone that's Positive in my life. I Hope and Pray everyone here has a great upcoming year. I'm not expecting much good, depends on FL and The US still being Free. I also Appreciate everyone's company and advice here! Thanks Everyone!

EFFECTS.jpg

20211025_161825.jpg

Last edited:
2021 has been decent for the most part. I'm semi-retired, so the 2020 covid junk cut my income by about 80%. I put a stranglehold on my wallet and made it through without having to dip into savings. Once things started to loosen up in 2021 and tippy-toe back towards normal, I was flooded with work. That's good for the bank account but bad for my personal life and car-fixing time. However, I managed to get the truck rebuilt and running nicely even if it has a disturbing ticking going on that I'll have to sort out promptly.

View attachment 1715818658

Work levels eased off to more normal demand in the last few months. I logged my property so no more worries about my monster trees tipping over and destroying stuff. That means the shop and house will get pounded with sun in summer so I put in a mini-split in the shop. Oh my, it's heavenly working in a t-shirt in winter. Having A/C in the summer will also be splendid. The house will get the same heat pump upgrade in a few weeks. First time in my life I'll have A/C in the house.

View attachment 1715818660

View attachment 1715818661

The last bit of news, I got a new dog. I wasn't really looking for one but was farting around on Petfinders one Sunday morning over coffee, and saw this.

View attachment 1715818663

It really got to me and I'm generally not one to tap into the mystical side of things although I do believe it's a factor in life. That look said "Hey, Halfafish, I am your dog and you don't even know it yet. Come get me."

After mulling it over for a bit I took the plunge and two weeks later Dixie came to her new forever home. She's a rescue and a fabulous dog.

View attachment 1715818662

All in all, it's not been a bad year. I need to continue to keep my workload under control - I'm no longer willing to shortcut myself to keep up with demand. I'll do as much as I want to and the rest of it can sort itself out with someone else.

Here's hoping y'all are doing as well.
Thinking I may look on PetFinder...its been almost 2 years...

View attachment 1715818979
She's a beautiful girl, I would bet that she is very much a lot of Great Pyrenees, they really are very mellow dogs.

Thinking I may look on PetFinder...its been almost 2 years...

Petfinder has nice filters so you can pick gender, breed, local, and a whole bunch of other things. It then shows you what meets your criteria. One of the big selling points for me was a local dog. I was not going to adopt anything I couldn't meet and introduce to my other dog.

View attachment 1715818997

View attachment 1715818998

View attachment 1715818999

Life is good here.
We actually did ok this year. I was just bein a grumpy old fart.

Petfinder has nice filters so you can pick gender, breed, local, and a whole bunch of other things. It then shows you what meets your criteria. One of the big selling points for me was a local dog. I was not going to adopt anything I couldn't meet and introduce to my other dog.
That's a big deal, Princess ( more of a Barbarian, if you got too close.or acted stupid) was the Best Dog Ever, in my World. FL Black Mouth Cur, 65#, you'd then she was 120! All Heart... kinda wanna stick w/ that breed, hinting genetics, but Man, was she a Car Gal! ALWAYS wanted ride, and I'd get yelled ( barked) at when I got home from work. Near the End, she rode w/ me to work, and even hung out in Customer's High end homes.on a daily

-
Back