Almost pooped myself yesterday!

-

71DartGuy

Reaction score
Well I started a new job last Monday and am doing a lot more driving. I was on a road that was little more that a cow path in the middle of nowhere when something green caught my eye. All I could see was the *** end of a 70 cuda with aar strobe stripes. I though to myself, I doubt its real so I went back later on that afternoon to check on one of my crews. Sure as ****, Its got the trumpet tips, fiberglass hood, and rear spoiler. It looks like a very nice original car and I double like hell anyone went to that much trouble to make a clone and is leaving it sit out under a carport 15 feet from the road/cow path. I guess these things are still out there! I want to stop and talk to the owner but dont know it I will get shot or actually make it to the front door. I think my curiousity is killing me so I will probably stop next week and snap a few pics so yall can see it.

By all means, stop in and introduce yourself. Even if you have no intentions of buying it, make it known to people who might be interested that there might be a legit AAR sitting.

At this point we're all foot soldiers keeping our eyes open..... These cars ain't gettin easier, or cheaper... to find.

I already called my brother in law and got him all excited! He told me that it was more than likely a 4 speed car but the auto on the column is pretty rare in those things. What type of code should I look for on the tag if I manage to look under the hood to make sure its real?

I'd start with the dash vin. It's easier to see. If you do get the hood up, bring a piece of paper and a pencil and just do a rubbing of the fender tag and then go to any one of the Mopar sites out there (such as MoParts...) and punch in the info to a vin decoder.

Just enter this deal level headed and be prepared for a greedy owner. I doubt your the first guy to spot this car.

I'm sure I wont be the first to ask about it. I may ride up there this morning, its not too far from me. I'll let yall know what I find out, if anything.

Not for sale! Go figure They bought this car in 1971 for $2700 and have had it ever since. Very good condition and all the parts are still there. here are a few pics to drool over.

Forgot pics

AAR Cuda 003.jpg

AAR Cuda 004.jpg

AAR Cuda 002.jpg

Damn.... to the right guy that's automotive nirvana! Too bad about it being "Not for Sale".

Cool car. I think you should edit or change the picture of the fender tag, mainly the VIN number, especially if the owner doesn't want to sell. Not saying anyone here would do anything with it but someone else could. Once again, that car is sooo cool. Thanks for sharing!

Cool car. I think you should edit or change the picture of the fender tag, mainly the VIN number, especially if the owner doesn't want to sell. Not saying anyone here would do anything with it but someone else could. Once again, that car is sooo cool. Thanks for sharing!

Is the sequence # enough?

You did good, thanks! I think it is the right thing to do considering how rare this car is. Don't forget about that car, let him know you are interested in buying it. Who knows, 10 years from know he may sell it to you!

I was driving the other day on one of those back roads and say the back bumper and part of a taillight in a hedge row, thought it looked like a 69 Dart so I turned around to have a look and the fella was coming up the drive, an older guy (57-60??), I asked him what the old Dodge he had in the weeds was and he said "that ain't no Dodge....that's a 73 440 Roadrunner, with an automatic, air, and power windows....bought it new when I got back from Nam, drove it til '87 when I bought this old pickup...and it ain't goin nowhere"...he said he would like to restore it when he retires, but knows its getting to be in pretty rough shape...

They are still out there, you just have to look....

that is so neat to still find one out there keep in touch with em u never know when they might need some extra cash

-
Back