Almost spoofed

-

k3522

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I was almost spoofed on E-bay about a week ago on a 1971 Dart. It was a second chance spoof that requested I wire funds and the vehicle would be delivered. I thought it was real. I even took the cash out of the bank. Fortunatly, I called a friend that is very knowledgable. Because the seller wouldn't call me or do a cash in person transaction I got nervous. That is the only reason I called the friend for his opinion.
Here is my story. Myself and "the powers that be" (my wife) built a new home in 2000 and we went over budget so I sold my 1973 Cuda to finish. I have now recovered and have funds to buy a toy. I have been looking for 6 months to no avail. Am I unrealistic to think I can find a 1970/1971 Dart 340 Saturday driver for $10,000?

I was looking at a '69 Barracuda 340 "S" on ebay. The auction said he was selling it for a friend and didn't have any pics, didn't say if it was coupe, convert., or fastback, auto or manual,nothing. Since it was close by (Northern MI... I'm in Northern IN.) I thought it might be my dad's old car. I emailed the guy and it turned out he was selling it for his "brother in law", he gave me his phone number and I caled him ASAP talked with him and found out it wasn't my dad's car but sounded too good to be true. 16K original miles orig. owner hit parked car when fairly new and has been sitting ever since. after that call I tried to Email them several times, left phone mesages and they wouldn't return any of them. Car sold for $500.00. All I wanted was the first 5 of the VIN and I told them why I wanted it(not to scam them). I don't feel bad about not bidding because I've got a feeling I would have gotten screwed. At least that didn't happen with my '68.

-
Back