alternatives to paypal

-
A bit of reading indicates that the "misinformation" portion of the End User Agreement has been in place for a year or more (??) and the $2,500 was a new occurrence with unclear relationship to the previous misinformation statement. Am I getting that right?

Yes, if you are reading it straight. What alarms me is how arbitrarily it can be enforced, and you as an account holder have little recourse.

The "mainstream" (for lack of better term) social media companies have been arbitrarily enforcing their EUA's to clamp down on discourse they deem problematic...see Twitter for example. To present, Paypal has not provided any indication that it is different in perspective to its Silicon Valley siblings. There is a long list of public grievances against paypal, I don't want to bog this thread down with them (maybe another thread though!):p

Yes, if you are reading it straight. What alarms me is how arbitrarily it can be enforced, and you as an account holder have little recourse.

The "mainstream" (for lack of better term) social media companies have been arbitrarily enforcing their EUA's to clamp down on discourse they deem problematic...see Twitter for example. To present, Paypal has not provided any indication that it is different in perspective to its Silicon Valley siblings. There is a long list of public grievances against paypal, I don't want to bog this thread down with them (maybe another thread though!):p

I get my "news" off of Substack soooo :rolleyes: Yeah. There are external motivation and pressures behind all these corporate decisions. At the end of the day companies can determine their own cause.

So bringing it back around... closest your going to get to any sort of buyer protection is by using a storefront such as ebay, CL or shopify and rely on your credit card's fraud protection :(

Last edited:
-
Back