Alternator question

-

69swinger340391

Reaction score
It looks like my alternator was painted black on the back half, and unfinished aluminum on the front half. Has anyone seen this before, and is that the correct color pattern for my car, 69 Dart swinger 340.

Also, when I bolt it onto the brackets and tighten them, the alternator stops spinning. can anyone post a picture of their alternator with the metal tube spacers on the upper mount so I can see what it should look like. I have all the correct bolts and spacers, just cant get them to fit properly.

Thanks

Here you go.......

Picture 340.jpg

Thanks for the picture. I have all those parts but still doesn't fit correctly. Is the spacer inside the left ear of the alternator mount large enough to stick out both sides of the alternator? Mine does not, and I think that is the problem.

it should be long enough to stick out both sides a bit and is intended to slide in the ear

does the bottom bolt for the adjuster bottom out in the spinning section of the alternator?

No, its not the bottom bolt. When I loosen the bottom bolt, the alternator is still seized. It only moves when the long upper bolt is loosened. Looks like I need to get a longer spacer for inside the ear or the alternator. Thanks for the pictures and posts. Anybody ever seen the back side of the alternator painted black? Is that the correct color or did someone just paint this one for the hell of it?

-
Back