Alternator

-

73hcode

Reaction score
Ok trying to figure out something the bolt the alt. pivots on the one with the sleeves on it is there a bracket to go with it. Both la motors I have have air on them and a massive bracket and I am trying to find out if I need a bracket or just the bolt with the sleeves. The bracket I have bolts to the block in two places and is the one you tighten the bolt to with the adjustment for tension on the belt. The motor is a 77 360.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a triangle shaped bracket that bolts to 2 waterpump bolts plus the 'slide adjuster' bracket. I've seen the pair of bracketz in chrome on fleabay for about 25. Ucks

By gosh Karl you are correct. I totally missed that part of what he said.. This is the only pic I could find on the net in my whole 2 minutes of searching.
View attachment 1714805273

I know that the first one is non A/C because that's a picture of my son's engine that I've posted a few times to help people with the pulleys and alignment....

We switched it from A/C to non A/C...

A/C alt and water pump take a double groove pulley, non A/C cars have single groove water pump and alt pulleys...

Thanks guys I think that is the bracket I have but I might be looking for one on here soon I am going w/o a/c for now I will go vintage air soon though.

-
Back