Alum slot rim id??

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi, I found this rummaging thru my shop. Not sure what make it is.
Cast onto the inside "MAX WHEEL LOAD 1580 LBS 14X 5 1/2"

and "GARDENA CAL"

Looks to be BBP 5 on 4 1/2

Wanna sell it but not sure of value??

Thanks
Steve

Attachments

• 20150422_194446.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 226
  • 20150422_194507.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 204
  • 20150422_194515.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 227
  • 20150422_194622.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 202
  • 20150422_194632.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 209
that's a small bolt pattern wheel Steve. its probably worth something to someone here, but probably not a whole lot. if its an Ansen sprint , it should be marked somewhere on the back

I have a set of those that came off an Aspen 2 door so would be BBP

that's a small bolt pattern wheel Steve. its probably worth something to someone here, but probably not a whole lot. if its an Ansen sprint , it should be marked somewhere on the back

Yeah cant see Ansen marked anywhere on it Lance.

Gonna scrub it and dbl chk again.
Pics with tape measure aren't the best. Backside of one hole to middle of 2nd hole is damg close to 4 1/2. That's BBP isnt it?

Thanks all

yes like you say, you measure from the outside of one stud to the center of the second stud over making that a 5 x 4" from what it looks like

Attachments

• bolt pattern.gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 192
Actually, wrong, and that chart is wrong. In engineering terms, and this is also how wheels are measured, a bolt circle is the diameter of a circle that goes through the center of all the bolts that lie on the circle perimeter.

A 5 on 4.5" bolt circle has five bolts (studs) whose center lie on a circle with a diameter of 4.5". The correct way to measure a 5 bolt circle is from the center of one stud, directly across the center of the circle to a the point where the opposite side of the circle would lie (with an odd number of studs this falls between two studs). With 4 or 6 studs you measure from the center of one stud to the center of the opposite stud, as they fall directly opposite each other on the circle.

That wheel has five studs which fall on a circle smaller than 4.5", it is most likely 5 on 4".

There is some bad information on the net, that diagram is an example.

Steve it looks like an old ET wheel to me.

That looks like the wheels I have on the front of my car for now, except mine are polished. On the backside, look for what I would call a semi large "lazy A" (tilted to the right) molded about a half inch tall. That should make them made by Appliance (sp).

At least that's my guess.

Russ.

Actually, wrong, and that chart is wrong. In engineering terms, and this is also how wheels are measured, a bolt circle is the diameter of a circle that goes through the center of all the bolts that lie on the circle perimeter.

A 5 on 4.5" bolt circle has five bolts (studs) whose center lie on a circle with a diameter of 4.5". The correct way to measure a 5 bolt circle is from the center of one stud, directly across the center of the circle to a the point where the opposite side of the circle would lie (with an odd number of studs this falls between two studs). With 4 or 6 studs you measure from the center of one stud to the center of the opposite stud, as they fall directly opposite each other on the circle.

That wheel has five studs which fall on a circle smaller than 4.5", it is most likely 5 on 4".

There is some bad information on the net, that diagram is an example.

The diagram gets you "close enough". Reason that diagram exists is because unless you know trig, or have machine shop inspection equipment at your disposal, it is extremely difficult to accurately measure the exact centerline of the bolt holes, especially with an odd number of holes, such as 5.

It's a 4" bolt circle wheel.

That is a Ansen brand wheel. Ansen did not put their name on all of their wheels.
I have some Ansens marked the same as your wheel. Gardena Calf. and the washer relief is your give away clues. Never understood why they didn't put their name on all of them.
Most other brands such as Fenton, Western, ET, Cragar and Superior are marked better with
a cast in name and size.
The Appliance wheels had very deep recessed lug holes more like some modern
factory wheels with the leaning or lazy A mark as mentioned already.
There are other wheels that are not marked also but they have Made in Japan cast into them.
I always figured these came out of the JC Whitney or similar catalog's and were the cheaper
imported knock offs.

I have used that chart as a reference for years and it has never failed me once. I have never gotten a bad measurement because of it.

-
Back