aluminum flywheel worth it ?

-

ateam

A motor can
Reaction score
Looks like retail is $380-$700. Pioneer says "130T" ring gear is actually 131 teeth. Looks like I will make my flywheel, for a 10.4" Centerforce with neutral balance. Anyone running one ? Thanks, ateam.:read2:

I had one on a different brand car and it was great. The motor was 550 HP and 535 torque under 6000RPM. It was fine taking off from a dead stop and the motor really revved up fast.

I might discourage it only if you have a high rpm car that is lacking in low RPM torque and horsepower If that is the case it would make taking off from stop lights a real pain and you may have to silp the clutch more than normal.

Is it worth it I would say if you have a good steel flywheel save your money. If your going to buy a new flywheel step up to the aluminum version.

If the car is everyday driver type might be better off with steel.

makes no more power, must shift fast or it loses it's inertia, costs a lot.
and then there is launching the car...
hmmm...

It does not make more power, IT does release the hp lost turning the heavier flywheel....

So say you made 150 hp at the wheels, you can bet the hp at the wheels will increase since you aren't having a heavier flywheel soak it up...

Cam Quest 6, says 523 hp. I don't believe it. 13.325 overall ratio in first,( 5 spd.). I don't see a problem on launch/street. Thanks,:cheers:

I would run one with that much motor and I am going to when I build my 416.

-
Back