aluminum intake by who??

-

MoparChic71

Mopar Lover
Reaction score
I bought an aluminum 4bbl intake manifold and some other goodys (carbs, headers, and my super six setup) off of craigslist a few months ago. The guy said he thought it might be a Weiand Performance intake. I can tell its never been used (its too clean and theres no wear marks from hardware on the flanges) its has WDP4 casting marks. I cant find anything about it so I was wondering if anyone here would know. Pic is below. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20131126_124720.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 598
These are probably the hardest to find of the "common" intakes. Not much data of which ones are the best. Most folks run the Clifford with carbs.

Attachments

• Weiand_3.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 548
  • Weiand_4.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 529
The Offy and Weiand are essentially the same piece. Stock size castings with a four barrel flange. The Clifford is the real performance piece. The Clifford plenum is huge in comparison.

Is there really that big a performance difference between the Clifford and the Offy/Weiland? I'd been told it was negligible.

why doesn't that one have the hose fittings on it like Clifford one I have here....NOTE: I said HOSE FITTINGS....nothing else LOL

Attachments

• 20131113_173416.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 438
Is there really that big a performance difference between the Clifford and the Offy/Weiland? I'd been told it was negligible.

Yes, there really is a difference. Once you see them side by side, you will understand.

The Offy and Weiand are essentially the same piece. Stock size castings with a four barrel flange. The Clifford is the real performance piece. The Clifford plenum is huge in comparison.

Personally, if I ever run a 4bbl and have to pay full price for any intake I'd get a Clifford hyper-pak or an aussiespeed long runner, the only way I'd run one of the short ones is if I got one dirt cheap. Mainly because of the amazing look of the 2 long runner intakes.

why doesn't that one have the hose fittings on it like Clifford one I have here....NOTE: I said HOSE FITTINGS....nothing else LOL

The wieand and offy manifolds bolt to the exhaust manifold like a stocker for carb heat, the clifford doesn't. The heat under the carb helps atomize the fuel better (better mpg) the clifford manifold is more for all out perfomance, the hose fittings on the clifford are kind of a band aid cure for better driveability on the street.

Thanks for the help. Hyper_pac those pics are great cuz I was starting to think the manifold was a knockoff that I wouldn't want to use. I do plan on a 4bbl conversion eventually I have everything except a cam kit (the cam gives you maximum use of the 4bbl right?) for now Im running the super six setup.

Personally, if I ever run a 4bbl and have to pay full price for any intake I'd get a Clifford hyper-pak or an aussiespeed long runner, the only way I'd run one of the short ones is if I got one dirt cheap. Mainly because of the amazing look of the 2 long runner intakes.

I would go long runner too but for the price of that manifold I got this alum manifold, some older hooker headers, 2 holley 390s (one needs rebuild) the factory supersix manifolds and air cleaner and a fresh built slant carter bbd 2bbl. So all the stuff I got (barely used or new) for $300 looked like an awesome deal. I paid about $50 for the aluminum manifold in the pic. :)

I would go long runner too but for the price of that manifold I got this alum manifold, some older hooker headers, 2 holley 390s (one needs rebuild) the factory supersix manifolds and air cleaner and a fresh built slant carter bbd 2bbl. So all the stuff I got (barely used or new) for $300 looked like an awesome deal. I paid about $50 for the aluminum manifold in the pic. :)

Yea, see? If I found a deal like that I'd run that, until I could afford a long runner at least :D

Yea, see? If I found a deal like that I'd run that, until I could afford a long runner at least :D

Thats my plan :) I just got lucky searching "slant six (or 6) on craigslist. I havent found anything slant since then in my area. Try it where u are, u never know :)

-
Back