aluminum master cyl upgrade

-

dust-u

Reaction score
I need to upgrade my mastercyl..I have heard there are two types out there..Which does everyone feel works best..and which is the best quality unit??:read2:

Dr. Diff (Cass Eslick) sells a kit at one of the best prices I have seen. Includes the 4 bolt to 2 bolt adaptor and push rod retainer. I went with the smaller of the two (1-1/32" bore). I had an iron 1.25" master on before and I like the feel of the smaller bore MC much more. The ones R. Ehrenberg sells on ebay are the larger 1.25" units.

Dr. Diff (Cass Eslick) sells a kit at one of the best prices I have seen. Includes the 4 bolt to 2 bolt adaptor and push rod retainer. I went with the smaller of the two (1-1/32" bore). I had an iron 1.25" master on before and I like the feel of the smaller bore MC much more. The ones R. Ehrenberg sells on ebay are the larger 1.25" units.

i am going t order one from Cass in a few weeks. what was the difference in the feel? i have never had the opportunity to feel the difference in them. i am thinking of going with the big one with the 1 15/16 bore in it.

I should have written 1.125" (1-1/8"), not 1.25". This is the largest stock bore I have seen. It's used on trucks. This made for a very hard pedal on my car. Making a panic stop would be a chore.

The 1-1/32" is still quite firm but requires less effort - a noticeable difference. These are the two sizes commonly available in aluminum. If you try to order a late model style aluminum MC at your local parts store you're likely to get one made of iron.

Any MC with a 15/16" would give you even more pedal travel and softer feel. The key is to make sure it has the groove for the pushrod retainer (assuming we're talking manual brakes).

Cass lost is original web site when AOL dropped member sites. His current one seems to have trouble with pictures. Give him a call or email.

The adaptor is simple to make yourself. I think there is a print at bigblockdart.com also.

I should have written 1.125" (1-1/8"), not 1.25". This is the largest stock bore I have seen. It's used on trucks. This made for a very hard pedal on my car. Making a panic stop would be a chore.

The 1-1/32" is still quite firm but requires less effort - a noticeable difference. These are the two sizes commonly available in aluminum. If you try to order a late model style aluminum MC at your local parts store you're likely to get one made of iron.

Any MC with a 15/16" would give you even more pedal travel and softer feel. The key is to make sure it has the groove for the pushrod retainer (assuming we're talking manual brakes).

Cass lost is original web site when AOL dropped member sites. His current one seems to have trouble with pictures. Give him a call or email.

i talked with him at the end of last week. he said he was going out of town ,so i need to call him back in a couple weeks to order mine. he seems cool to deal with. i have a torino project that we are putting really big brakes on and he said he is working on parts for that as well.

I've got the 1.125", and it requires some leg to stop hard!

-
Back