Aluminum Rad

-

mrtires24

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I'm looking for an aluminum aftermarket rad for My 440 duster. anyone have any recomendations.

I can get one that is universal that will work but i will need to get someone to weld on some "L" brackets onto the side of it. the rad is $190+tax. locally but the welding and fab work could be $100 or more.

Or I can get a universal dodge/ford aluminum rad with "L" brackets for $350+tax. again this is locally. I am not afraid to buy things and get them shipped to my door, as long as I am refered to them by you guys.

I did that with my Gas tank,

as well as my spd linkage

and I will do that for my exhaust.

So I am asking again for your help guys.

Thanks again,

Phil

This is the one I put in mine. It is a Summit radiator SUM-380460. It fits perfect and has the mounting flanges on it. I got the shroud from Summit too. I had to cut it down to fit in heigth, width and thickness. As you can see its a tight fit. It just will slide down between the frame rails and the width and heigth of the core fits the hole in the core support perfectly. I'm hoping it's enough to keep it cool. I'm about 2 weeks away from starting it.

P1010095.JPG

P1010104.JPG

nice work.

How much did that one cost, and what are the dimentions.

Width, hight, thinkness?

I am running a stock fan off the water pump

Phil

$269.95
Estimated Ship Date: Tomorrow
nav_overview2.gif
nav_bkg.gif
nav_bkg.gif
nav_bkg.gif
nav_bkg.gif
nav_end.gif
Brand:SummitProduct Line:Summit Direct Fit Aluminum RadiatorsPart Type:RadiatorsPart Number:SUM-380460Radiator Style:CrossflowOverall Width (in):29.000 in.Overall Height (in):18.500 in.Overall Thickness (in):2.250 in.Row Quantity:Dual-rowRadiator Finish:NaturalRadiator Material:AluminumTransmission Cooler:YesInlet Location:Upper passenger sideOutlet Location:Lower driver sideTube Size:1 in.Fan Included:No
sum-380460_w.jpg

I paid $25 for the be cool aluminum brackets and $60 for a metal shop to round the edges, tig it to the radiator and tig a petcock in the bottom of a tank.

fan.jpg

I am ordering that rad from summit next week did some research and it seems it is the easiest and cheapest way to go if you are going to go aluminum rad. You can get a stock one from kragen, autozone, etc for about 189 i think.

Hey Goody What Shroud and fan combo are you running there.

I was a little inpatient with this one.

I bought one locally for $400 including tax...but it came with the brackets. I would have had to pay about $100 in shipping from summit anyways.

For any BC residents...I got it from Lordco.

Phil

Thanks for all you input guys!

The aluminum rad Bill has on RMS (www.bigblockdart.com) has the brackets,

and goes for about $295. Many have reported back how pleased they were

with the radiator, installation, & Bill's dependably laser-fast shipping.

--HTH-8)

-
Back