(Aluminum) Solid Leaf Spring Eye Bushing.... bad idea for the street?

-

wjaholic

My car stole my wallet!
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these on the street. I have my rear end and springs out for some trunk repairs and noticed mine were heavily cracked and starting to "rot". The rest of my suspension is poly, these are the only ones I had not swapped out yet.

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/solleafsprin.html

Any opinions?

I can press out my originals, take some dimensions, and make them up at work for the cost of the material. Once I have the dimensions hammered out I can post them (kind of like my steering box rebuild)... If anyone would be interested.

Expect A LOT more noise!

Also, unless there is a grease fitting, you will be squaking every few months. it would suck to take the sping hanger apart to grease twice a year.

Anyone that is running Cal Tracs is running a solid bushing in the front spring eye.

Hope this ain't too late. When we used Tri City Competition's Launcher Springs on our 71 NHRA Stock Eliminator car, they came w/ a steel sleeve that went inside the bushing. It was a bit longer than the sleeve. That way, the bolt tightened up against the sleeve, allowing the bushing to pivot.

-
Back