aluminum water pump housing ....factory?

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
i scored a junkyard 440 this morning ...its a 77 cast crank ....couldnt pass it up for $50. and it turns lol

the strange thing is that the water pump housing is aluminum and when i looked closer it has factory casting numbers .....sooooo is this something that is a common thing on these later engines?

Attachments

• CIMG2635.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 250
  • CIMG2639.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 214
:eek:ops: i think you all are right ....the seller told me it was aluminum and i didnt really check .....i never believe sellers with good reason ....i was just excited with the score ......it is cast iron but either way i dont mind bcoz i did verify it is a 77 440 that turns by hand .....for $50. into the whole engine cast or aluminum water pump housing dont matter to me lol

i should have checked better :sign7:

Good score. I paid 200.00 for a complete 440 a month ago and I though that was a real good deal.

Good score. I paid 200.00 for a complete 440 a month ago and I though that was a real good deal.

i think 200 is a good deal ...this one was based on weight ...i saved it from crush ...it does turn ....but who knows whats going on inside.

-
Back