always gotta be different

-

spikekid999

MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
Reaction score
well, wanting to be different, and wantin to build my car to look like it was built and modded as it would have in the 70s as a lowrider. my buddy was scrapping a bunch of parts, and had this hangin in his garage and gave me 1st chance to get it, and after givin it some thought, i had to do it

SSPX0133.jpg

SSPX0131.jpg

and a edited pic so it looks even more from the 70s
SSPX0130-1.jpg

Tilt hood is different,kind of like it.Depends what you want to do.Car looks clean,that alone is rare anymore.

I can honestly say that I've never seen an A body low rider and even though it doesn't sound very appealing to me, it's certainly not my place to disparage another man's vision quest.

i think its best left to the impalas and monte carlos , personally it doesnt do any thing for me. just my opinion.........

interesting build, can't say I've seen something like that before. i can tell you that, having lived through the 70's... barely, that there wasn't hardly any mopar lowriders. The taildraggers were all old mercs and fifties fords. everything else was jacked up sky high, mostly in the back but there were plenty of straight axle cars on the prowl also.
moral of the story goes: if you want a seventies car, lift it!
not a slam on your car, I kinda dig it!

If it was a big block, I'd hate it. If it was a small block I'd love it. Reminds me of my old '57 Ford from high school.

I sorta like anything that is different.

Russ.

Good for you, I admire people who do their own thing. Also wondering how you did your grille.

I like it!! You love Mopars and lowriders so why not combine them!!! Keep us updated with any more changes :D

interesting, does it have a latch by the windshield?
I was also curious about the grill, home made or aftermarket?
it goes well with the hood mod and wheels

thanks guys. 66340sedan, you mighta seen my black 5th ave with hydros at mopars in the park a few years ago, yeah i love lowriders and am 100% mopar, so what other choice do i have? :D

as for the grille its a one off that i made outta stainless. i had a extra grille that i used for a template, i would bend one bar and set it on the grille, bend the next ect. took a lil while to do, but it worked and looks badass IMO

the hood uses the factory latch on the radiator support, but i do have the hook for the back of the hood off the buick also, so i gotta figure out how im gonna make that work and figure out somethin on the hood for it. i also plan on adding some gas struts to the hood as it falls back WAY to easy, when i was washing it for the pics, i was tryin to clean the engine bay and the hood fell and got my arm a lil bit, so i gotta figure that out.

heres a pic with the hood open
SSPX0135.jpg

and a close up of the grille when i had the red headlight in it for a while
randomness016.jpg

thats what im plannin, after the body work is done. also thinkin on frenchin in a couple antennas in the quarter, just not what side, thinkin the right

-
Back