Am I blind?? Sway bar bushings???

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok, puttering in the garage cleaning up factory sway bar for paint. Im on a budget as well as trying to stay as orig as possible. Kinda hard to paint with the factory mounts and bushings on, but before I take them off, is there a bushing replacement only available?? I want to keep the factory mounts if possible. I chkd http://justsuspension.com/ as well as http://www.springsnthings.com/chrysler-suspension-parts and PST.....cant seem to find factory style bushings???

Try summit and look for energy suspension. That being said I think those will be poly only though (as long as you order the black one it will be just find most people won't know)

Thanks 1970duster, I just chkd energy susp website out, none of the bushings look factory, it looks like you have to buy new mounts as well?? My bushings and mounts look fine, but its a pain in the *** to paint the sway bar with them still attached, so I figured I would put new bushings in the orig mounts.....

What is the car? Pictures and size of the sway bar and bushings are helpful. Chrysler used some unique bushings on their sway bars so finding originals may be difficult. Universal bushings like those from aftermarket suppliers are probably not going to work.

I went through this with my gold 69 340 Swinger, and after all the bull-crap, I just masked them off and sprayed the bar with clearcoat. The bar (for a restoration) should be "as forged" showing slag from the heat process anyway. So all I did was strip off all the grease & crud, and used a satin clear. Looked perfect.

George

PST had a sway bar kit. Hardest bushing I've ever replaced. If mine weren't shot I would have never replaced them.

Thanks Longgone, i chkd their site out and its a kit with sway bar, I only want the factory style bushings....I think I will tape them off and paint around them!

-
Back