Am I justified in my frustration?

-
Did you ever get that rear end disassembled? I need closure.
Took it to San Diego Gear and Axle to get an expert opinion. I showed them the video and pictures and their opinion is it’s junk.
I asked them if there was any possible way to get the axle out without cutting the housing. Nope. They said the axle has got to be stuck at the splines. They’re either slipped , fused by rust, or mushroomed.
Everyone I know that has an Oxy/Acetylene torch has something wrong with it. 4 out of 4 guys torches are down, lol. Damn the luck. I might just go at the tube with my angle grinder and cut off discs.
I’ll give an update when I get the housing cut and inspect the 3rd member.

You telling me you ain't got a train yard near your house? Slip a five to a engineer and take some chain so you can hook to something solid and I'll bet a locomotive will pull SOMETHING apart.

Took it to San Diego Gear and Axle to get an expert opinion. I showed them the video and pictures and their opinion is it’s junk.
I asked them if there was any possible way to get the axle out without cutting the housing. Nope. They said the axle has got to be stuck at the splines. They’re either slipped , fused by rust, or mushroomed.
Everyone I know that has an Oxy/Acetylene torch has something wrong with it. 4 out of 4 guys torches are down, lol. Damn the luck. I might just go at the tube with my angle grinder and cut off discs.
I’ll give an update when I get the housing cut and inspect the 3rd member.

Would a tubing cutter help?

-
Back