Am I missing something for my pedal cable?

-

eds72demon

Reaction score
Don't know if I am missing a piece where the accelerator cable goes through the firewall or if I am using the wrong cable. The cable end has a plastic grommet that is square shaped but the hole in the firewall is round and somewhat bigger than the grommet. I have a pic of the hole in the fiewall, but didn't take one of the cable (let me know and I will if needed.) Thanks for any help- Ed

the hole looks right, without pics of the cable its hard knowing what you are talking about.

BUT, I can tell you that my 72 duster cable has a round head that fits in the round hole of the firewall and the cable is inside of the round metal head. and two studs are on that same metal bracket and pass through the two smaller holes in the firewall and are nuted down from the engine bay side of the firewall.

also there is a little gasket that gets sandwiched between the throttle cable bracket and the firewall.

the cable hooks on the pedal assmy. not the firewall. i think there a plug were the cable only goes trough.

-
Back