Am I stupid?

-
I knew a guy that a few years ago had a small block mid 70 Corvette, that was a well kept original/restored. He drove 30 miles on way to work, he traded on a new Ford 3/4 pickup and said it rode better and got better gas mileage.
If duechs drive Corvettes what do you call a guy that owns three of them and Never drives them because he doesn't want to get them dirty. That's my boss.
Never have driven a Vette, nor do I have any desire to.
My opinion is you made a good choice in keeping the Duster.

yup.

car for car....right now...the vette would be worth more. But a vette is a vette and normally they top out on value around $10,000.00 and I don't see the one I am talking about being worth much more than $7500 or $8,000

and I think the duster could easily enough be worth more than that and I think that its value will only go up over the years.

anyhow....its not really about the value to me I guess....I just have a thing for the duster and have to much time,money,scrapes and scratches and bruises and tears invested into it to just get rid of it.

not to mention its the very first vehicle I have ever made it into a magazine and on top of that I would really like to keep my little one involved in helping with it and I would really like to give it to him one day.

plus I have really been looking forward to getting it done and taking it to car shows.

there have been a few cars I have started and got half way through and sold them and regretted never finishing ......I really am looking forward to finishing the duster and getting that feeling of accomplishment.

its been a long road already....I just hope things start coming together a little better and that I can come up with some needed parts I have been trying to get for awhile now so I can actually make some significant progress on the duster.

Im down to body work and paint basically now ( which I guess could be considered the home stretch considering what the car was when I originally bought it.....no engine,no trans,no brakes,ugly worn out interior and so on)

thanks to all those who chimed in and made me feel a little better about the choice I made:cheers:
That my friend,is called "sentimental value" .:-D

-
Back