Am I the only one?

-

justin hughes

Miss my car
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else on here has a 76 Valiant besides myself. Searched the photo galleries with no luck. Does this make my 76 Valiant custom rare (lol)?

i don't think it is rare. everyone just seems to prfer the earlier ones . however this was the first year of the volare, so maybe production figures are low

hmmm, everything i read makes it sound like a low production that stopped at mid year. seems like someone else on here would have one.never did see one on ebay either. so , i guess until someone else comes along, i will assume that i have the nicest 76 valiant around!

My sister had one in the mid 80's, White 76 Valiant, slant six, with a god awful green vinyl interior and top.

Although not a Valiant badge mine holds a Dart badge.
It may not be the best lookin but it's a fun lil $200 find and save frum being cut up and scrapped. Took a few years to bring her back, luckilly sometime in its past it had been rust proofed as it was the previous owners daily driver... Summer, & Winter! The only reason it was taken off the road was a broken torsion bar, but it was pretty rough.
Yes it has filler and a rattlecan paint job but it's safely on the road and fun to drive.

The original /6 spun a bearing, replaced with a free /6 from an early 80's truck with super 6 setup. Replaced the howling 7.25 with a shortened 8.75 from a scrap 68 Newport. Plans for this Summer is a 318 with a slightly warmer cam that I picked up last Fall with the 904 and a new schomaucker(sp) mount kit.

Mo fun! woohoo!

Eventually rebuilding a 360 I have sitting here for it... we'll see

Attachments

• ADartb.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 161
My brother had a 76 2dr slant six auto Valiant back around 90-91 or so. He was on his way home one day and got T-boned in it. Luckily he wasn't hurt, but sadly the car was destroyed. It was green with green interior. Sorry don't think I have any pics of it. Will check tho.

Just wondering if anyone else on here has a 76 Valiant besides myself. Searched the photo galleries with no luck. Does this make my 76 Valiant custom rare (lol)?

No. In '76 they were just re-badged Darts. Production numbers were probably lower than earlier years, but I wouldn't say they're "rare". Even if they were, it wouldn't really make them worth more, since the later models are less desireable to begin with.

Well believe it or not they're not common.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plymouth_Valiant

couldn't find production numbers,....

A lack of production #'s on wikipedia doesn't mean anything. Wikipedia makes no mention AT ALL of Dart GT's being made in '70 or '71, but the factory still rolled out ~1,200 GT's in '71. In fact, Wikipedia goes so far as to say "The Swinger name was applied to all the Dart two-door hardtops except in the high-line Custom series". Which is totally false, as the GT's are not Swingers, are not badged as Swingers, and are in fact 2 door hardtops.

i know its not very desireable and it never will be. if it was then i wouldnt have got it for 500. bucks. most of them were most likely driven into the ground ,but it seems like someone on here would have one. at least there is a 76 dart here which i know technically is just a name change and a pointy grill.

-
Back