amazed

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
S E Texas rural area, wife is a R/E agent, 99 of business is rural property. She listed a liquor store in our small town, pop about 1000, 1 hr N of Houston.
The first 24 hours the listing had like 50-60 hits (looks), 6 from the Houston area, the other 45 from Pakistan!!!!! The poppy crop must have been BIG this year!!?????

From what I have noticed Indians (from India), Pakistani and Arabs really like the liqueur, hotel and mini market/gas station businesses.
The hits from outside the US might find the current immigration policies a bit of a problem though.

I heard they almost automatically get the government small business loans.

I have noticed from some year ago S. Koreans coming into the country, usually buying or starting a restaurant business. As they succeed they bring over more relatives and expand business. That is good, but they have a loophole where they pay NO Fed. income tax for the first 5 years. Then they simple sell the businesses back an forth to each other, never pay tax, and laugh at the stupid US laws. Out of their own mouths.

I have noticed from some year ago S. Koreans coming into the country, usually buying or starting a restaurant business. As they succeed they bring over more relatives and expand business. That is good, but they have a loophole where they pay NO Fed. income tax for the first 5 years. Then they simple sell the businesses back an forth to each other, never pay tax, and laugh at the stupid US laws. Out of their own mouths.

That's exactly what a local Asian Buffet place did.

Unfortunately we all still patronize these businesses. American soldier told by muslims they will not serve his kind

Your link went to page 4-5 of the discussion, but did you read the first couple of replies?

Here's one of the first ones.
"Maybe by, "We don't serve your kind here." They were referring to "dumb redneck coonasses." The only thing I got from this video is that some poor white trash doesn't like this gas station, so he stood outside, shouted some racial slurs, and video taped it. For some reason, he now thinks he will be a celebrity. God bless America! :p"

Now the video isn't even there for us to see for ourselves.

That’s exactly what they do with the hotel business. We have a lot of hotel contracts and they seem to sell every 5 years and they go to another relative. There are 5 owners here of mostly economy hotels, Motel 6 and super 8, the ones that start out as Hilton or Marriott loose there status after 5 years and they change the names to those 2 or Knights Inn. The owners aren’t always related but they all have the same last name. Patel which means Inn Keeper.

Last edited:
Immigrants come in buy up property, put it in their brothers names etc. they get breaks, but if you are born here you have to hustle to get into a property. I dunno where the future of this is going. I have a Romanian for a neighbor, his wife dont work, not sure what his kids do, they went to college. me and my oL work constantly. I dont know how he makes ends meet, but sure would like to know the formula. he did have a bunch of strange people living there about 8 years ago, I figured he was harboring more Romanians...hes a greedy little man. looks like Mario from mario brothers, in fact I would figure him for a pizza shop owner...

We have had prior dealings with one Middle East family in RE. From what I can tell, astute business people, conservative, and very greedy. I do not know if the leader was born here or not. The family members just keep coming and they keep expanding their convenience store holdings. They are worth a mill or two or so.

I heard they almost automatically get the government small business loans.

Yup. Here's the story I've heard from a Hindu store owner. Straight outta his mouth. They get small business government (taxpayer) loans payment FREE for the first seven years. Then, at the end of that seven year period, they can sell it to any relative since the loans are assumable and then the relative gets that same seven year no payment period. They can keep flippin and floppin it and never pay a dime and it's legal. That's why you see those stores changes hands if they stay open long enough.

Yeah its kind of stupid when you think the immigrants are handed opportunity, and Anericans are telling their kids, 'go to college, incurr debt, the American dream awaits you" yeah that BS is about to be exposed any time now...these Milennial kids are wising up.

Yeah its kind of stupid when you think the immigrants are handed opportunity, and Anericans are telling their kids, 'go to college, incurr debt, the American dream awaits you" yeah that BS is about to be exposed any time now...these Milennial kids are wising up.

They need to go ahead and wise on up before 2020.

The college loan deal? If you look at how fast college costs have risen since the college loan thing became mainstream, NO wonder their costs are sky high.
Step son and is wife are 27 yrs old. He has Masters in Ag Business she is a RN. He worked during college and all summer every summer His loan totaled $30,000 not he the usual $80,000 plus. Their combined gross is $140-150,000. They have good jobs, will pay back every dime. They are the milleniums that do not want to see a free ride for the others.
Free rides are the people that stay on welfare too lazy to work, the able bodied people on SS Disability, the smart immigrants that take advantage of our idiot govn't, and the rooked politicians too stupid to have a real job.

If something is given in the spirit of generosity but it is accepted as stupidity, then it is up to the giver to make sure that the purpose is recognized. My dear ol' Mom used to say, "it's okay to be nice, just don't be stupid nice"
On another note, Mr. Toolman must be in ICU other wise this thread woulda been booted to the political section, oh well, when the cats away the mice will play!
If anyone knows how Mike's doing or has any info, please post it over in the Toolman well wishes thread, inquiring minds wanna know.

Yes we all hope Toolman is doing well.

Seems like lot of stuff goes political even when not trying!!!!! Maybe tis thread will go to just computer heaven or that big place in the sky?

-
Back