Amd floor pan

-

honested

Reaction score
I have recently bought a really rough 69 340 dart swinger that was a parts car and then left in the woods for dead the frame rails are still good but the floors are completely rusted out I'm planing on try to save the car and was planing on putting a AMD complete floor pan in it . I was wondering if any one has ever use the complete floor pan and how it fit

I put a full AMD floorpan in our '68 Charger. Handling that large chunk of tin is a handful. Trying to get it to fit takes a lot of patience because there's so many feet of mating edges to contend with. All of the areas such as the seat reinforcing brackets lined up well. The most difficult part for me was getting the firewall to mate. I had to do some hammer work there.

Putting one in my Duster, fits very well! Not so easy getting it in and out for fitting and prep though. But quality and fit are great!

image.jpeg

Best way in an out is with the glass removed. It allows your head to duck in and out as the hardest part is "seeing" where it is close and it is off and balancing the the two before you hammer anything. I am not sure but the factory did the floor before the the sides went together. It was fire wall then floor, frame rails and trunk then quarter panels and roof.
That was from a video I saw on Utube a few years back. It is definitely a tight fit. Good Luck.
Joe

Put one in my Duster. I was impressed with the fit. Just pull one side quarter glass out.

I put one in a 67 Dart 2 door sedan....I was hell getting it into the car because of the post. Ended up putting through the windshield opening but had to roll it up with some racheting tie-downs. Once in the car it fit perfect.

Thanks guys I got it in the shop yesterday and found rust in the left rear frame rail had a rats nest in side it the other 3 rails are good I just need to decide if I want to tackle putting a frame rail in it !

Thanks guys I got it in the shop yesterday and found rust in the left rear frame rail had a rats nest in side it the other 3 rails are good I just need to decide if I want to tackle putting a frame rail in it !
Oh wow, sorry to hear that. Never tackled anything like that yet. Good luck with that!

time and $$ - nothing is impossible.. restoring the car or hot rodding it?

Just trying to some what save the car mabey put a mild 340 back in it and just drive it some as a toy don't really have the time or money to completely restore it I have two other 340 dart swingers and two big block gts darts that are pretty decent cars. This dart was just the cheapest 340 car that some one could have bought new it had no radio no carpet just rubber mats the fender tag has almost nothing on it I just thought it was neat is my only purpose for saving it

Just trying to some what save the car mabey put a mild 340 back in it and just drive it some as a toy don't really have the time or money to completely restore it I have two other 340 dart swingers and two big block gts darts that are pretty decent cars. This dart was just the cheapest 340 car that some one could have bought new it had no radio no carpet just rubber mats the fender tag has almost nothing on it I just thought it was neat is my only purpose for saving it

That's the way my old '69 Sixpack Bee was optioned. - No carpet, - just rubber floor mat. I haven't seen many others that way.

Frame rails aren't that bad, especially if you just have to do a partial section where a rat's nest was. If you're already doing the floor, it's the exact same process, just more spot welds. The only thing about frame rails is making sure you take plenty of measurements so that they end up back in the right place, and keeping the rest car straight while you've got the rail off. If it's just the rear half of the rear frame rail, say, from the shock mount crossmember back, the only thing that has to be even close to the right spot is the shackle mount for the rear spring. Of all the suspension points that could be involved that's the least critical, there's a lot of play in those shackles. And that's all that's back there. Probably the least critical section of frame rail in the entire car. I mean, it's not like it can't be misaligned badly enough to cause problems, it can, but you'd almost have to try to screw it up if it's only the rear half of the rail.

-
Back