AMD - Not all it's cracked up to be!!!

-
Yes, I'm wondering if that is an AMD part.
I'm shopping for a Duster skin from AMD and no one has them or a patch.
The skin is just like the quarter except doesn't have the C pillar.
AMD tells me they aren't planning to produce skins or patches anytime soon.
It make more sense for them just keep the whole quarter on the shelf and let people cut what they need off of it.
Most people don't use the C pillar anyway on a repair. ( leave the lead alone)
AMD says all three are made on the same machinery.

Just noticed you paid nearly double for this quarter off of E-bay than what AMD sells it for. Didn't you do any homework? Paying nearly $500 for a 74 Dart 1/4 panel is unbelievable IMO!

Keep in mind this price also included freight shipping. It would have been more expensive, including freight, from AMD.

I bought from Tamraz, because he was recommended by a FABO member.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=277791

From what I've found, the panel is an authentic AMD, but the seller advertised the part incorrectly. The marker hole location is for a 72-73, this is how AMD sells the part. AMD does not make a part for 74+ and no one else does either. I bought the part based on information from the seller, not AMD. The pic from the seller's ad matches the part I received and the pic on the AMD website for a 72-73.

I'm still gonna use the part and it looks good otherwise. I have been in contact with Tamraz about the issue, we will see if they do anything about it... They should at least change their ad going forward.

If you cant return it, or dont want to , why not just put a notch in the parking light hole in the new panel towards the front so you can orient the parking light with the drain holes facing down. Problem solved on that one.

As far as the light being in a wrong location compared to original, are you changing out both rear quarter panels? If so, i doubt anybody would notice the lights being moved a few inches from their original location.
i know its not exactly correct for the later darts, but your lucky to even be able to buy a full quarter for your dart. i wish they made full quarters for barracuda notchbacks.

Had to go with the goodmark half skins myself.

Matt

Just remember, Its not that bad, its only one hundred dollars

Yes, I'm wondering if that is an AMD part.
I'm shopping for a Duster skin from AMD and no one has them or a patch.
The skin is just like the quarter except doesn't have the C pillar.
AMD tells me they aren't planning to produce skins or patches anytime soon.
It make more sense for them just keep the whole quarter on the shelf and let people cut what they need off of it.
Most people don't use the C pillar anyway on a repair. ( leave the lead alone)
AMD says all three are made on the same machinery.

Go to getallparts.com they sell goodmark duster half skins like your looking for. I got a pair of goodmark 67 cuda half skins shipped to my door with a discount of 10% for $311 shipped.

I have bought AMD parts for my 68" Dart, an Inner fender extension that attaches to the trunk floor. The part was perfect, and fit like NOS. I don't know about what is posted for sale here.

Keep in mind this price also included freight shipping. It would have been more expensive, including freight, from AMD.

I would sure hope the shipping free at that price!! So you actually contacted AMD and they quoted you a shipping cost? Or did you just think it would have cost an arm and leg? Last time I checked (a few months ago) shipping a 1/4 panel didn't cost anywhere near $240 and we don't love far apart. That's the bad part when buying crap off of e-bay. No matter what they say there's never a 100% guarantee you'll get what is described or your money back.

I would sure hope the shipping free at that price!! So you actually contacted AMD and they quoted you a shipping cost? Or did you just think it would have cost an arm and leg? Last time I checked (a few months ago) shipping a 1/4 panel didn't cost anywhere near $240 and we don't love far apart. That's the bad part when buying crap off of e-bay. No matter what they say there's never a 100% guarantee you'll get what is described or your money back.

Wow! I didn't realize Tamraz raised the price that much on the new ad since I bought from them... I paid $368 plus a $25 residential delivery charge back in may. The current ad is $485. No I didn't contact AMD, but I definitely should have!

Wow! I didn't realize Tamraz raised the price that much on the new ad since I bought from them... I paid $368 plus a $25 residential delivery charge back in may. The current ad is $485. No I didn't contact AMD, but I definitely should have!

$368 is a lot more in line. I thought you paid $485 like it's advertised for now.

-
Back