American Sunroof Corporation identification and help.

-
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I bought a sunroof on ebay for my 1974 Plymouth Duster, the problem is, it doesn't fit. I have a picture ill attach for comparison. The seller says it was cut out of a 1974 Dart Sport, VIN number LM29L4G200310. I have the cap/plug which I'll have to compare when I get home tomorrow. The sunroof itself is physically smaller and the "door" has a curved front as opposed to the completely rectangle shape all mopar sunroofs seem to have. The only make I can find with a curved front sunroof is Chevrolet Monte Carlo and Pontiac Grand Prix or Am from the 70's; both GM products. If anyone can shed light on this it would be much appreciated, as I can't use the sunroof in my car and returns are not accepted, so I'll have to at least know where to sell this. Sunroof that came with my car is on the left, Sunroof I purchased is on the right.

Attachments

• BFBH8AQ48S.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 206
Mine is shaped like yours. I dont know what that came from. def. not dart or duster. whats wrong with the one you have? never measured them but you might look at a mercedes from the 70's if its just parts you need.

The previous owner took it completely apart for some reason, so all I have is the frame, the badly rusted sunroof door and the handle and cup. So from what I can tell I'm missing the cables, gear, and other pieces that make it all work. I have some BMW pieces that might work, I've never tried very hard to piece the unit together because it seemed easier to pick up a whole unit and swap it that way. Now with the one unit on ebay being $700 and getting screwed on this deal, I guess I'm back to piecing mine together. I'd still like to know what I bought. If anybody recognizes the unit I was sold, I'm sure there's somebody out there who needs it.

-
Back