Ammeter suddenly operating at +20amps?

-

green440duster

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my 75 Duster (318 60 amp alt) was running fine until this evening I took a drive down to the local resturant with my wife. I got in to drive home and noticed that the ammeter was now operating at +20 amps instead of normal 0. Any ideas where to start looking?

Thanks

Hi everyone, my 75 Duster (318 60 amp alt) was running fine until this evening I took a drive down to the local resturant with my wife. I got in to drive home and noticed that the ammeter was now operating at +20 amps instead of normal 0. Any ideas where to start looking?

Thanks

Yep, most likely the regulator. Mine did the same.

Mine did it as well, just in real quick bursts. It would be fine then all of a sudden it would shoot over & bury the meter & the lights would get hella bright! Im talkin ultra white like the lights on them new lexus cars. Fryed everything, now im completely re-wiring the car as a result. Be sure to limit driving it until you get it fixed!

Yea my lights were so bright the oncoming cars were moving over like they couldn't see, I could see about 5 miles down the road, pretty scary trip home that night I was waiting to get hit head on.

-
Back