And we are off(random car pics added)

-

1970-dart

Reaction score
Tomorrow we leave for JR Gold ( youth bowling tournament) in Chicago. We will be there for like 9 days then off to Buffalo NY for a week an then home for 5 ( only one of those working)days before heading off to Virginia beach for a week.

Let it all begin lol

Look me up when you are in Chicago...

Good luck to your son in the bowling tournament...

Look me up when you are in Chicago...

Good luck to your son in the bowling tournament...

Time is so tight with all the events but we always try to get out and do something.

Its the Daughter :)

looks like you are about 25-30 miles away from where we are staying

Sounds like a fun family trip. Drive careful.

Give me a holler when you get to Virginia Beach. There's a car show at NAS Oceana on July 25th. I plan to take my car. It's not far from the oceanfront if you're in town.

Time is so tight with all the events but we always try to get out and do something.

Its the Daughter :)

Sorry, I hope your daughter does well (I assumed it was a son)...

There are some regular cruises here during the week.

There's one in Downers Grove on Tuesdays that I haven't been to yet, and Tinley Park has a cruise on Oak Park Avenue on Tuesdays also. There's also a great Gyro place near there with a special for Gyro plate on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Fridays they collect near the Steak & Shake on 161st and Harlem Ave...

Here's some shots from last week Friday night:

View attachment View 01 B.jpg

View attachment View 02 B.jpg

View attachment View 03 B.jpg

Sounds like a fun family trip. Drive careful.

Give me a holler when you get to Virginia Beach. There's a car show at NAS Oceana on July 25th. I plan to take my car. It's not far from the oceanfront if you're in town.

my aunt pushed back the trip down by a week. i will not be there now until around the 30th

There's one in Downers Grove on Tuesdays that I haven't been to yet, and Tinley Park has a cruise on Oak Park Avenue on Tuesdays also. There's also a great Gyro place near there with a special for Gyro plate on Mondays and Tuesdays.

View attachment 1714828157

View attachment 1714828158

View attachment 1714828159

very cool ii have not been to steak and shake since i left texas lol

my aunt pushed back the trip down by a week. i will not be there now until around the 30th

Those Tue and Fri cruises are every week.

they will still be going on when you can get a chance to come, as long as the weather doesn't rain.... :banghead:

If you get time....

I just saw a sweet 34 Plymouth convertible and will upload pics later tonight when I get to the hotel. I can't seem to load them from my phone.

View attachment 1714828157

View attachment 1714828158

View attachment 1714828159

will you be there tonight ?

Let's see if this works.

Here's where it is located on google maps. Hopefully with the link you can fill in your destination and get directions.

If not, enter this address:

16110 Harlem Ave, Tinley Park, IL 60477

PM me if you are going, I can give you my cell and we can meet. They usually start collecting around dinner time till dark.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Tin...310816d898!2m2!1d-87.7932939!2d41.5731442!1m0

We are still on the road and have a bowling ball demostration event tonight that I forgot about. I am not sure exactly what time it will be over and when I looked the steak and shake its about 30 miles from where we are staying.

I'll shoot you a message later if I think we can make it over there.

Let's see if this works.

Here's where it is located on google maps. Hopefully with the link you can fill in your destination and get directions.

If not, enter this address:

16110 Harlem Ave, Tinley Park, IL 60477

PM me if you are going, I can give you my cell and we can meet. They usually start collecting around dinner time till dark.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Tin...310816d898!2m2!1d-87.7932939!2d41.5731442!1m0

we just got in and the ball demo don't start until 6 and goes until like 9 so I'm SOL for tonight so i guess we will see how the rest of the week plays out

we just got in and the ball demo don't start until 6 and goes until like 9 so I'm SOL for tonight so i guess we will see how the rest of the week plays out

Ok, sometimes it goes that way.

If you get some time, PM me and I can show you my small collection and we have a nice little ice cream shop nearby that has great home made ice cream that you may like to grab a scoop if you get the time... The place dates back to the 1930's and is very popular on hot summer days/nights.

Try some pizza, ribs, italian beef sandwiches, and gyros while you are here. They are some of what Chicago is known for...

Girodano's deep dish pizza is one of the local favorites...

There's a local cruise down here also on July 16th starting at 6:00 PM. Last year they had a great turn out. Let me know if you can make it. Last year a guy had a real cool 1924 Dodge there...

In Palos Heights around 123rd and Harlem ave. (Just south of rt-83 on Harlem ave. Rt-83 runs along the Cal-sag river/channel.)

Still stumbling along.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 201
My buddy is there with his daughter, she is really good...so be careful of a girl with the name of Shania (sp) Geerdes...:) Her Dad's name is Dean. Tell 'em Randy said HI!

OH Man, Apologies for posting my photo here. I was looking at your thread then went to post in my build thread but it ended up here. lol that's what I get for using my phone.

Nice Pics! I hope you have a great trip.

-
Back