Angels ??

-

Small Block

Reaction score
Another great topic for a civil discussion. Angels...Do they exist? I think so. I doubt that they all come complete with wings with feathers and halos like we all have seen in pictures. But how do they present themselves? I'm sure there are both good and bad angels. Do they come in many forms? What's their job? Do they live and die as a normal being? What issues do they deal with? I'm sure some on here feel like an angel or at least they feel thay have done the work of angels. Have you ever seen an angel? Have you ever felt as though an angel was present in a situation in your life? Give us you thoughts...please. Some folks collect angel figuriens as a comfort thing i guess. Is an angel a spritual being of are they present among us? Walking, talking, and breathing?
Small Block

This is a loaded opinion question, so here goes my take...

No such thing as angels. What some people consider angels are just good people. They stand out so much because frankly, there aren't all that many people who are willing to go that far out of their way to help a stranger anymore. And you can't blame them, half the time the stranger is a coked-out felon looking for an opportunity to mug someone.

Some people derive comfort from believing in something/someone bigger - in my humble opinion, that's why religion exists in the first place. Evidenced by how its evolved... primitive religion were all poly-deistic - god of war, sun, moon, sea, harvest, etc. As people learned more, we dropped off gods... Now generally speaking there is just one, who is the reason for things too horrible to otherwise understand, who gives us an afterlife to make us feel better about dying.

For me it's the opposite... I believe in real things, real people, because the thought of living my life based on something written 2,000 years ago and translated numerous times is more than unsettling to me.

I'm soory, I myself must disagree. In my opinon YES. We had a mutli week study in our small group about just such topic. I'll see if I can find a referance for you.

This could make me believe.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7ufSCOyOz0"]YouTube- Angel - Jimi Hendrix[/ame]

So Super T, IYO, angels are JUST a religious thing? So they are a spiritual being? Nothing such as a modern day angel? I'm not saying right or wrong. Just looking for answers and it looks like i may get a lot of opinions also. So can we think Jimi Hendrix believed in angels? Did he have a particular vision? We know he probably had many more visions than the normal guy, and you can bet some were lu lus. How much longer after doing this song did he die? Still looking for answers....anyone?
Small Block

I think there are saints around us Small Block :happy10: You know 8)the kind of people that do good and sow there seed of kindness :happy10:and like a disease it grows in the people they come in contact with.:happy10:
Angel's :read2:could be, But not sure.
There Could be :happy10:

If you believe what the Bible says than Yes there are Angels, if you don't believe the Bible than it don't matter anyways.

So Super T, IYO, angels are JUST a religious thing? So they are a spiritual being? Nothing such as a modern day angel. I'm not saying right or wrong. Just looking for answers and it looks like i may get a lot of opinions also. Still looking for answers....anyone?
Small Block

I hate to chime in on things like this but your reply confused me, no such thing as a modern day angel? Is this a question of sematics? I would have assumed your reference to angels was a biblical one too, not a generic one, like someone saying you're an angel for pulling over and fixing their flat tire. If it's the later there's lots of angels out there, doing the right thing for no other reason than it's the right thing to do.

Rob, I changed that to a question mark. I wonder what printed definitions of an angel is? Like Webster? If the guy fixing your flat is an angel then i guess you could see an angel, if that's truly what he is. Who knows? Interesting subject to say the least. I'm sure most references to angels are biblical but how about those of today, if there are any? I'm sure you've heard people say "the angels lined the highway to protect us". What had they seen, heard, or believed? Sounds modern to me as there were no higways in biblical times. Maybe they were on something.....or maybe not. Lucifer was a fallen angel? Angels are sent to aid in times of need? Would that count for the good and bad?
Small Block

Angels-demons The angels were and are the insturments of the godhead,father,son and holy ghost.The angels are the comforters,they have no interest of inhabiting a body.demons on the other hand are tormentors and must inhabit human or animal bodies.If you read the bible,you will find that Lucifer-belzebub-prince of darkness-was the most beautiful of the arch angels.But he was jealous of the godhead and wanted the same powers.He was and is the next in power with god.Michael and lucifer fought but god intervened and lucifer was thrown out of heaven.When this happened one third of the angels fell with him. actually the highways were fortold in daniel.Ezekiel fortold of the wheel within a wheel.If you are looking for an angel the only instance i can remember and you can ask the family of Jack Orr of Simmons Mo.Or if you want to go through the archives of Houston Hearld In 1955 Jack Orrs mother and father had a chicken house they had to carry water from the creek to a barrel by the chicken house.A man walked to their house needing water and room for the night.They gave him both.the next day he was gone.the barrel never went dry.this went on for six months until someone stole the barrel.AngelsYES,Demons YES.Do You dont have to believe,Just dont die without GOD!

I don't know about bad angels but I do believe in good angels for sure. The author Dan Fearheiley wrote 'Angels Among Us' and another book on miracles, true stories he compiled that really confirm my belief. Personally, I don't have a particular experience that stands out where I could convince someone that an angel helped me....but I do believe they have. I also believe there are special people who posess the ability to change other people's lives and lift them up...I had such an experience years ago. From what I've seen these people often pass from this earth at a young age....

I've seen/experienced what may fit the description of angels at pivotal moments over the years. Some are benevolent while others seem a bit less-than-helpful. Thus far, my experience with the occasional not-so-nice ones has been limited to those that rely on tactics of intimidation and exuding a strong sense of "heaviness". I view these things as affirmations, of a sort, to confirm a path or guide toward another. Trust your gut.

Just to head off the inevitable: I'd rather not be much more specific than the above. Some of it is a bit on the rough side of reality and should be left where it is.

So Super T, IYO, angels are JUST a religious thing? So they are a spiritual being? Nothing such as a modern day angel? I'm not saying right or wrong. Just looking for answers and it looks like i may get a lot of opinions also. So can we think Jimi Hendrix believed in angels? Did he have a particular vision? We know he probably had many more visions than the normal guy, and you can bet some were lu lus. How much longer after doing this song did he die? Still looking for answers....anyone?
Small Block

Yes, to me, "angel" carries a theological connotation. Like I said there are undoubtedly some amazing people on this earth that do truly inspiring things, but they're still just (extraordinary) people.

Interesting topic, Bill. Are you asking for a theological discussion?

In terms of the Bible, theologically, it has to be understood that angels are not humans. Angels were created first, the heavenly hosts, but humans were created to walk in companionship with God. It drives me nuts when I hear folks say that Katie (my deceased daughter) is now an angel. It doesn't work that way. Katie was born human, died human, and resides in Heaven as a human spirit, not angelical.

As far as my own personal beliefs, yes. Much like someone has posted here I've had my dealings with both; heavenly and fallen. The heavenly experience was definately unique. No, he didn't have wings and a halo, but was full of probing questions, questions which were phrased in a way not to just gather information but to gather insight about a situation he wasn't part of, but knew about intimately. A stranger who seemed to know everyone in the room, who knew what was going on, and looked to gather information from the individuals involved.

The fallen experience is a very private matter and one I won't speak of to but a trusted few. It wasn't a pleasant experience.

As for a generic "angel," ie, good people doing good things. That's just it. Good people doing good things.

of course angels exist! just like jesus christ died on the cross to take on the burden of all of our sins so that we may be forgiven. demons also exist , and they are constantly trying to take control of us.life is an ongoing battle unless you can find the sanctity of god.

I've got the theological stuff down but there are matters above and beyond theory. Here's an opinion for you to consider. I believe angels are walking and talking among us to assist in the manner in our lives for which we may or may not know. Granted, an angel is not going to walk up and say to you "Hi, I'm an angel". I'd say if he or she does, then you have found yourself a looney. IF there is one around you may never have a clue that you are dealing with one so maybe they only work in a covert manner. Sorta like flying under the radar so to speak. I think in they're efforts, they have been dispatched by some benevolent spirit or being or higher power if you will. In the past i have seen motorists with their hoods up obviously haveing issues with their car. Watching from afar i only observed while they worked on the issue only to watch em get it under control and then move on. I cant say i'm an angel even though i was watching over someone without their knowledge. I'm just a nice guy with some time on my hands......and for you people that dont know me.......no i dont do crack and neither do angels.
Small Block

Angels? Definitely. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for an angel. I believe they appear to you as someone you know or knew so you won't freak out when they do their job. I'm dealing with one right now and I doubt he even knows it.

No doubt in my mind they exist. While as far as I know, I've never had the privilege of being exposed to a "good" angel, I can think of a few times there HAD to be some evil "thing" intervening in my life.
But aside from that, I'll present this for consideration:
Shortly after Dale Earnhardt died his son was in a road race with a corvetee they had. At one point the car crashed & was on fire. You could see him struggling to get out of the car when suddenly he pops out the driver's side window. Afterwars he asks to meet the track crewman that helped him out. When told no one was there, heinsists someone pulled him out as , by his own admission, he was trapped & couldn't get out on his own. when shown the footage of the incident he maintained his father, or SOMETHING got him out of the car.
In a situation like that I think it's more than plausible Divine Intervention of some sort took over. we just need to look beyond our own little World.

I have seen and I believe and I will leave it at that. I will say that the experience changed/saved my life and I am different man than I was. I will never forget it.

I may get slammed for this but, here we go.... when we look at each others' cars, we can tell that a lot of work went into them. They originally had someone design them and build them. We can look at a 65 Barracuda all done up and tell that it did not just sit out in a field for a million years and just show up in 1965. The same way, when we look around us, at all the things that make the earth we live on inhabitable, (little things we take for granted like gravity, thermodynamics, the earths speed of rotation, distance away from the sun... ) we should be able to tell that someone designed and created it all! I get my answers about angels from His book. He says they are real, good and bad. The first couple chapters of Job give us pretty a pretty cool snippit of some angelic interactions.

Bottom line, yes they are real, as was said above, it does not matter if you believe it or not.... truth is truth.

Bottom line, yes they are real, as was said above, it does not matter if you believe it or not.... truth is truth.

I don't want to start a battle here, this is in the spirit of intelligent conversation. 3,000 years ago the Mayans KNEW that the sun god moved the sun around the earth, and that the god of harvest brought them crops. The Native Americans KNEW that the rain god would bless them with rain if they did the rain dance long enough and hard enough. 600 years ago everybody KNEW that the world was flat.

At the time, this was all "truth." "TRUTH IS TRUTH." Until we learn better...

Gods,Angels,Devils,Demons,Spirits,Ghosts,Goblins,
Boogeymen,Leprechauns and Fairies
All civilizations have had them and always will.
They are used to explain the unexplainable and
by rulers to exercise control of a populace.
I think all is cause and effect and your perceptions
of an event.

Yes I think there are angels out there.I also think angels are sent to test us.Next time you see someone withe a flat tire or a homeless persone asks for some change,ask your self ,was that an angel sent to check on me or test me?

Hey 65, I think you are right in saying the angels are sent to also test us. They come in all shapes and sizes and as said before. It's difficult to understand when one is on hand and is doing what. I'm sure no two have the same job...or maybe they do. Interesting to see the thoughts of those here on angels. It's just opinions and granted we all have one. Nothing wrong in stating your opinion as long as it's civil. Good stuff guys.
Small Block

-
Back