Anniversary

-

rlk340

Reaction score
Today is my anniversary with my Duster, 22years ago on Super bowl sunday. I was 17 & just looking for something to drive. Never thought she would still be here this long but I'm glad she is. If the weather permits, I will take her out for a drive today since she's been couped up in the garage for a couple month's. Today is bitter sweet for me because when I went out to get the paper for my wife's grandfather, on the front page was a story about Jay Steele, the owner of Taylor Engines here in Whittier. He passed away after a long battle with lung cancer. They built the engine in my car the first time & when I went through it after hurting it from racing they redid the machine work & assembled the short block for me. Jay was a great guy & he helped me out many times when I had questions on combos that would help me get the most Hp. He will be greatly missed. RIP Jay...
Russell

Well the weather permited me to take my Duster out for a drive yesterday. It was nice, took my son with me. Got asked a couple times what kind of car it was & that it looked nice. A guy in a honda S2000 came up to me at a red light & asked what kind of car it was & gave me the thumbs up. A couple guys in a ambulance commented on how straight it was. Got to play around a little bit on the way home. All in all it was a good day.

The car looks good in your avatar. I bought mine new in 76, it will be 33 years ago that I ordered it in a couple weeks(valentines day)
CONGRATS on your anniversary

Hell at least you remembered.................
I forgot that my Dart turned 36 years old yesterday !!!

Thanks for the kind words, it means alot. autoxcuda(steve) has alot of pixs of my car from the spring fling shows. If he could post some for me that would greatly be appreciated. Every time I try to post a pix I have to resize the hell out of it & I usually screw it up. It was fun playing around with her the other day. My wife was behind me at a light & I lit them up in front of her. It was fun.

-
Back