"Annoying white" website eye salvage........

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
The "bright white" websites like Google, Ebay, and C/L have gotten more than annoying---they actually strain my eyes and bother my focus sometimes. A bodies site is not bothersome, but for now we'll "play" with it

I FINALLY (kicking and screaming) went with a Google account so that I can use a "dark theme" but unless you have "certain apps" on smartphones there is no such thing for eBay website desktop users.

Anyhow this morning I added "Dark Reader" to Firefox and "we'll see"

Anyone else use similar?

Dark.jpg

Usually just adjust the brightness on my laptop or DT to suit me.....

By the time I get the "white" toned down the print contrast is so low I can't read it.

It's peposterous, in this day and age, that we cannot change website settings for the better.

By the time I get the "white" toned down the print contrast is so low I can't read it.

It's peposterous, in this day and age, that we cannot change website settings for the better.
You can change the colors is all.....just 3 to chose from.

You can change the colors is all.....just 3 to chose from.
...........On what?.........

(Just about anything but bright white background on any website...........)

...........On what?.........

(Just about anything but bright white background on any website...........)
Go to the bottom left black bar just above 'Other Sites to Visit' and you should see a little icon that has a name of a color and a small paint brush. Click on it and see if you like anything.

That's what I do. I have a Chromebook and it has the "Nightlight" option too which is nice.

Go to the bottom left black bar just above 'Other Sites to Visit' and you should see a little icon that has a name of a color and a small paint brush. Click on it and see if you like anything.
OK but I still don't know what/ where........you talking about this A bodies site, or some default page of Firefox/ Chrome/ Etc or what

..............................................DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............................. LOL

Ok I see it way over to the left.........(laptop). Makes no difference, THIS site is not a real problem. I use the "red" and the background is a fairly pleasant and not terribly bright light gray.........works find. The big culprits are search pages, my yahoo email, ebay, etc. One other forum I inhabit has a "dark" mode as does phlakebook.

I've been playing with the "Dark Reader" add on for Firefox on/ off and it doesn't work too bad. Plus it put an icon up at the top of the browser, and "just takes a second" to turn it off if needed

!!THANKS!!

I'm on red here too. But have a " blue light " filter in settings in Android. Big time help. Also, had a " prolly commie" screen protector. About caused me to go blind! Protector by design.. pulled the sucker off and tossed it....

Been using red too....the blue isn't bad either but don't care much for the brown.

-
Back