Another 69 Dart 340 swinger build

-
Nice car bro. the 69 Swinger 340 is my favorite MOPAR. Are you going to put the stripe on the back of the car?

image.jpeg
Here is a pic of the front end assembly. I pulled it out, cleaned the ton of grease and grime that was on it, sand-blasted every thing and tried to paint every thing to as lose to original finish as possible, replaced all bushing and set the assembly aside for installation later.
Joe

IMG_0090.JPG

Here is the drivetrain on a homemade dolly. As you can see, I painted everything that I could and tried to get as close to factory look as I could. I spent hours on blasting and painting. I think it turned out pretty good
IMG_0091.JPG

This was the night before we put it in the car. I gabbed a bar that bolted to the bumper bracket bolt holes and lifted the car up and rolled the assembly under then lowered the car down. We were done in about 45 minutes, the best way to install a drivetrain in my opinion!
IMG_0092.JPG

Driver side view.

Was the engine originally Blue or Turquoise? Its hard to tell in the pics.... 1 pic looks really blue and another looks turquoise....
Did you think the engine bay was untouched original when you got it?

IMG_0136.JPG
Was the engine originally Blue or Turquoise? Its hard to tell in the pics.... 1 pic looks really blue and another looks turquoise....
Did you think the engine bay was untouched original when you got it?
The engine was originally turquoise and I used the mopar brand engine paint to paint it the correct turquoise color. The car was originally T5 copper metallic but the previous owner painted it the current color, which I like but it's a #s matching car that I would prefer to have it the original color but will keep it this color since the paint is so nice. They fogged the paint on the engine bay whit the motor in the car and it looked terrible. You can see the T5 copper where the heater motor was.

Its amazing how Blue the Turqouise looks in some pics.... I have seen several pics online where the engine looks blue but the owners asure it Turqouise in person.

Its the ongoing debate as to which colors were used on 69 340s.

View attachment 1715125471
The engine was originally turquoise and I used the mopar brand engine paint to paint it the correct turquoise color. The car was originally T5 copper metallic but the previous owner painted it the current color, which I like but it's a #s matching car that I would prefer to have it the original color but will keep it this color since the paint is so nice. They fogged the paint on the engine bay whit the motor in the car and it looked terrible. You can see the T5 copper where the heater motor was.
Nice Dart,
Mine was originally the T5 bronze with a white stripe, white vinyl top and white interior as well. I was 24 years old at the time and hated the color and that's why it's 1970 Top Banana yellow now. 36 years later I love the original combo but I'm not changing it.

IMG_0225.JPG
Its amazing how Blue the Turqouise looks in some pics.... I have seen several pics online where the engine looks blue but the owners asure it Turqouise in person.

Its the ongoing debate as to which colors were used on 69 340s.
Mine was definitely turquoise. A lot of evidence when I pulled the motor out. You can see some paint on the back of the block behind the last cylinder.

I like both colors but would rather this car be as close to original as possible but can live with it the way it is now. I also have a 68 318/904 dart that I will modify when I get this one completed. I m thinking A4 silver with a red tail stripe and red interior.

Nice Dart,
Mine was originally the T5 bronze with a white stripe, white vinyl top and white interior as well. I was 24 years old at the time and hated the color and that's why it's 1970 Top Banana yellow now. 36 years later I love the original combo but I'm not changing it.
Thanks for the compliment. I really thought about doing a white tail stripe (my car had a factory white tail stripe) and white interior. I'm sure your car looks great either way!

IMG_0065.JPG

The motor and trans after mating the two and putting a few accessories on
IMG_0069.JPG

I hauled all motor and trans parts to my brother's shop for assembly since he has all the right tools and it was a good excuse to go spend the weekend with him
IMG_0071.JPG

Here is a picture of his shop. 72 Demon with a 572 in it and a 63 Polara that is being restored.

-
Back