Another 8 3/4 install question.

-

Crazy4408pac

N. Michigan
Reaction score
I've never done a "virgin" rearend/spring/shock install before. The rearend, springs and shocks, are ready to install. The springs came with an installed bushing on one end. These are going into mt 72 Dart, that was a /6.
If possible, could some one list what hardware I will need? As I said, all I have are the rearend, springs and shocks.
Thanks

your gonna need a shortened driveshaft and some rear shackles and bushings.some new wheels if your new 8 3/4 doesnt have the small bolt pattern lugs

8- Rear eye bushings
4- U-bolts
4- " " Nuts
4- " " Washers
2- Shock plates
2- Inner shock washers
2- Outer shock washers
Brake tube kit
" " Tee
" "Vent bolt
Rear brake hose
Horseshoe clip

Make sure you use the right size front bolt size in the front end of the leaf spring Early ones were 5/8" and the later 70 up use 1/2" bolts.

New brakes came with new hoses and clips. Have the brake lines, tee and vent bolt

Here's a list of what I feel, I need. Can I re-use anything from what's on the Dart now?
2 sets shackles
2 front hangers
2 rear hangers
4 u-bolts
2 spring plates
2 shock plates

so what size axle do you have now and what size are you about to swap in? Also not seeing anything about backer-plates/drums etc. you will need those and they can be costly/hard to get hold of.

you can reuse shackle plate (where shock mounts) if you drill the four holes a little larger to accept the bigger bolts.

-
Back