Another 833 to ID

-

65 wagon

Reaction score
OK here's another trans. The seller thinks came from a Power Wagon! Looks like an 833 with a short shaft. Iron Case.
From a Truck site I found this:
"We read a single post on a website that this transmission was also available in diesel pickups, using an iron case. We haven't seen one in person, but we always check diesel trucks in the junkyards for the stronger iron case."
With a 5 1/8 OD bearing cover I would think it is an OD!
Numbers are hard to read but...
front bearing cover is 5 1/8 diameter..numbers are..c15453.ND...looks like...5 26 8214..82 or 83..11217.80..15402
Has a /6 bell housing that comes with it so I am hopefull!
Maybe you can tell from the pics:
Thanks in advance for your expertise & time!

Picture 009.jpg

Picture 010.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

Wow, that is a weird one. I would also guess it's a OD because of the 5.125" IBR. Looks like a severe duty input shaft, not 23 spline anyway. Looks to be even coarser than 18 spline. The tailshaft looks A-body-ish, but slightly different. Almost definitely not a passenger car application I would say.

Wow, that is a weird one. I would also guess it's a OD because of the 5.125" IBR. Looks like a severe duty input shaft, not 23 spline anyway. Looks to be even coarser than 18 spline. The tailshaft looks A-body-ish, but slightly different. Almost definitely not a passenger car application I would say.
===============================================
Since it may have come from a Power Wagon could it be a 10 spline 4x4?

=================================================
From Keisler's Performance Clutch Site:

"MOPAR: A-body 1967-76, B-body 1966-74, E-body 1970-74, street rod & customs 10-3/8, 10-1/2, 10-3/4, 11 inch; 1 x 23 spline (A833) 1-3/16 x 10 spline (A833 Hemi&440) and 1-1/8 x 26 spline (TKO/T45/T56)"

Still hopefull!

I'm almost positive it's a GM truck 833 O/D. That's why the 10 spline input shaft and the weird looking tailhousing.

I'd have to guess it's GM. I know they used some in their trucks. I've never seen one so I'm kinda' "flyin' blind" here. Not from a 4x4 unless it used a divorced transfer case.

I'd have to guess it's GM. I know they used some in their trucks. I've never seen one so I'm kinda' "flyin' blind" here. Not from a 4x4 unless it used a divorced transfer case.
========================================

Thanks for all of the feedback guys! Guess I'll just have to keep on looking.

-
Back