ANOTHER Crank ID Fordged 318 stroke

-

Dragonbat13

Reaction score
I scored this for 150 shipped. This is the crank I though was a eight bolt flange, but its a six with I guess some balancing hole or flexplate lineup hole.
It has 15435 stamped on the front most counter weight, on the surface that would be closest to, up against the front of the block, directly besides the number one main journal. I dont have my mic to check the journals, but the guy said it was 10 under all around and had been magnafluxed. It also had a yellow magnaflux tag on the crank throw stating it was OK, for whatever thats worth. Looks like a good crank though.

Here are some pictures.

I can take some more, but I will have to wait a day or so to measure anything.

Thanks for any help

:coffee2:...So, are you getting ready to use this? Or sell it? Or just looking for more info on it?
(Oh, and watch your bare feet around things like this...They're much tougher than yer feet!)

I think what you're looking for in a number is going to be a cast in raise number, not stamped. I THINK.

It's a REAL nice lookin crank though.

:coffee2:...So, are you getting ready to use this? Or sell it? Or just looking for more info on it?
(Oh, and watch your bare feet around things like this...They're much tougher than yer feet!)

I am going to keep it for now. I dont know what my plans are yet with my next engine build, but its gonna be based around a 340 block. Turbocharging is looking pretty fun, and expensive. Looking at a few turbo dusters with 340s is really tempting.

So here is a pile of pics of as much stuff I could find. Sorry for all the pics, but I am hoping to find out exactly what this cranks original application is. Something is telling me its a 273 crank, but I dont know why.

Here is the pics,

-
Back