Another dog thread

-

4flats

Reaction score
I've noticed that a lot of members here are dog people and I wanted to share this with you. Last Monday I ran over one of our dogs and had to put him down. He was a beagle named Ketchup ( one of the kids named him). He was not the brightest dog... ok, he was inbread and retarded even by hound standards. The last time he got run over it cost over $3k in vet bills and his back legs were imobilized for 6 weeks. This time he had massive internal injuries and couldn't be saved. I moped around for a few days at work, then finally I told one of the ladies in the front office why I was so down. She called the owner's wife. The owner (and to a certain extent his wife) are elderly, hard-nosed and very wealthy. They are where they are because they have always made the tough choices and stuck to them no matter what. Knowing them the way I do, what happened next blew me away. The second she heard about it, she got on the phone to some dog breeders and went out and bought an 8-week-old beagle puppy for my kids! I didn't want to get another small dog (I still have a shepard-mix named Max), but as soon as I saw him peaking out of the basket I swear I almost fell apart. No one in my house slept at all last night (except the new puppy). My wife and 3 girls were all over him and have named him Skippy.

Good things happen when you are not looking for them.
I'll post a pic when he slows down enough and isn't being squeezed to pieces!

Hey, sorry to hear the sad news, but congratulations on the new addition! I grew up with a beagle. They're a great breed.

Fun Fido Fact...the character Snoopy from the Peanuts comic strip was based on Charles Shultz' childhood dog, Spike. As an adult, Shultz never had a beagle. Instead, he was a well known St. Bernard breeder.

My cousin had a Beagle named Lady. She was not only a part of his family but a part of the extended family as she was loved by all of us. Great breed.

-
Back