Another E-bay envelope car

-
Not trying to get anyone to do or join anything. I just think it is wrong to condem a seller as a jackass or accomplice to auto theft. When their is a more likely and positive or constructive reason for his ad. And I have never sold a title in my life nor do I know him. But feel someone needs to point out their is a possibility he is just trying to help some other Mopar guy out. The odds are very very high here that his 74 duster title has absolutely nothing to do with any stolen cars.past present or future.

I suppose I will never understand why any Mopar enthusiast would go out of his way to hamper another Mopar guy from building up a Mopar project. To take action against in the name of preservation the very same entity. Some build some destroy. I choose to build and contribute where I can to others who do the same. I may not be able to prevent it but I will not participate in a witch hunt. Seems I am the only one willing to step up and pull the knife from his back.
Sad. I seen no damage done

I'm with you ssba, its a touchy and complex subject and as you said I have never & will never sell a title etc... So much we can say here of what is right & wrong, the law is the law bottom line!

With that said I have heard of, read in mags or seen on the net in these very type of forums we are posting of some pretty dead, beyond repair Hemi, Six-Pack or the like cars restored back to factory (or better) condition! What part or part of that orig car is still present on the restored prize pig? All for what you ask? The love of the hobby, preservation, history with that car or model, and of coarse for some its only about money!

I'm rambling and probably way of topic...

Happy motoring & happy friday fellow FABO members!

The ole' paper trade in!...Its an old flim flam done by car dealerships that would advertise $3500.00+ for your trade whether you push/pull it in. Any title would work! It decieved the buyer, bank & Car makers....
1.) buyer - "hey your getting 3500.00 for nothing, but your paying full price for the car your buying"
2.) bank - "hey their credit is shot but the customer is putting down 3500.00 on their purchase, I'll give'em a shot."
3.) Car makers - "hey these guys are moving more cars than ever and hitting their dealership bonus levels."
Good ole USA, We can scam anything and f**k it up for the honest guy!
:coffee2:

so a guy gets a cow pasture car... all rotted to hell $50 bucks
gets an ebay title. $200 bucks
finds someone to stamp some vins for him $100 bucks

$350

then sells said car on ebay for $5000 or more.

sound legit? oh wait we should not judge people selling titles (which is a felony offense in many states)

-
Back