Another ET guess...

-
That was my experience from the first time I hit the track (in almost 30 years) running an 8.28 and getting it down to 7.85 in the 1/8 with pretty much no parts upgrades during that period. Just tuning, adjusting rpms, shift points, tweaking. That’s (for my setup I use 1.585 x 1/8 time = 1/4 time) about starting with a 13.10 and getting it down to around a 12.40 in the 1/4 mile with doing just those things. That seems a pretty sizable improvement to me but certainly not uncommon. Sounds like you have a mid maybe a little higher 12 second car, get things dialed in and see lower 12’s? Might want to try 27” tires with what you have

Last edited:
Brooks, all very impressive but way too much gear head lingo for me to understand. I am a basic gas and oil guy who likes a normal street ride. With all that said, I would really like to see what a machine you have devised do.

Harry, I’m sure I’ll be satisfied even if I don’t reach my goal. I feel pretty good about it though. I have a friend Tom the guy I told you about and his contention is that the car after tuning will be solidly in the 11’s. He was working on cars at age 12 and is now 83 . Not to mention he raced for Chrysler for years. I remember once he had a friend that had an S10 Chevy with a 327 that I got a ride in. I asked my buddy what he thought it would run. He said
12.20. We eventually went to the track to run the truck. 12.30’s !!! Atmospheric conditions can affect horsepower as much as 20-30
Hp. So in my mind he was DAMN close. He had some cheating secrets to get every ounce of hp. He some how got some spark plugs that had an additional 5cc of area times8 equals 40cc, I don’t remember exactly what the raise in compression was but I think it was equivalent to 10-15 hp.
He had a homemade electric water pump set up. Heated the undercoat and scraped it off and so on. Due to the cost of my son’s education, no real place to work, working on teacher certification, asshole HOA rules I was unable to do much on the car. Now I’m retired but still working. I spent many hours using many sources of information to accomplish my goal. For other FABO guys out there I couldn’t have done this without your input and knowledge. Especially Roy, SGBARRACUDA

-
Back