halifaxhops

It's going to get stupid around here!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Here it is! A game feeder motor.
DSC00992.JPG
DSC00993.JPG
DSC00994.JPG

They don't remake your motor or you put in a shallower motor for clearance issues?

Very good my Hoppy friend! You solved 2 problems. (lack of parts availability and lack of clearance)

Nice job.
What's the rpm and load specs of the new motor if you don't mind?

They don't remake your motor or you put in a shallower motor for clearance issues?
My OEM one hit all the valve covers I tried. Mine is a 74 se and the motor bolts to the plate on the heater box. Just had to put a different plug on a lead and a eye for the ground.

So was this a "drop in" change aka unbolt the stock one and bolt this one in? I need a smaller motor especially with the Trick-Flow heads on my 440. The other mods I've seen have you doing some welding and other mods to the blower motors and frames.

Pull the heater box take off the fan mounting plate remove the squirrel cage two nuts hold the motor in then bolt the new one in, it is metric thread and the shaft needed a wrap of friction tape no biggie. works great, just wanted it in for the defroster really.

So was this a "drop in" change aka unbolt the stock one and bolt this one in? I need a smaller motor especially with the Trick-Flow heads on my 440. The other mods I've seen have you doing some welding and other mods to the blower motors and frames.
Sane here with the valve covers.
I was going to try the one that pushed the whole box away but did not like the idea of trying to align the vent to the cowl. PIA as it is.

-
Back