Another Fram oil filter video.

-
Wow, eye opening.

Who is Wix and where did they come from?

I associated them with low end no name parts, kind of like brown label, but now I'm rethinking myself.

Wix has been around for a while making serious parts. I was introduced to Wix in 1975 in the shop at my best friends dads excavating company. A couple shelves of Wix and Baldwin filters. Some of them a foot tall. And 55 gallon drums of oil and hydraulic oil...

Wow !! Pretty incredible!! I was thinking the Napa Gold filter was made by Wix ! I’ve always considered Fram a jip O filter ! I still like using the factory oil filters ! Always have !! Napa Gold and Wix if factory is not available !

Napa Gold or Wix, I was surprised that the Purolator filters are made well too! 65'

Better reconsider Wix.

NAPA Gold is the leader as of late! Based on someone's research that may be good or maybe not!

Better reconsider Wix.

NAPA Gold is the leader as of late! Based on someone's research that may be good or maybe not!
I WAS a Wix user for 50 years until the cat dealer put a bad air filter in my motor home that let dirt go around it into the engine.
It was agreed that the filter was bad by cat & the wix rep. that picked up the bad filter & sent it to the wix lab
How ever the lab wouldn't admit it was bad & said it was damaged by the installer & obviously

I WAS a Wix user for 50 years until the cat dealer put a bad air filter in my motor home that let dirt go around it into the engine.
It was agreed that the filter was bad by cat & the wix rep. that picked up the bad filter & sent it to the wix lab
How ever the lab wouldn't admit it was bad & said it was damaged by the installer & obviously beat the filter with a hammer & said it had been dropped.
We had photos of the filter before it was picked up with no dents but it didn't change the labs report
So if you get damage by a wix filter don't think wix will make good on it

Wix is good, but slipping as of late. They went from made exclusively in USA to global. You may get an American made one, China, Singapore, Indonesia, wherever.

If you want EXCELLENT filtration that will NEVER be sourced overseas, get Baldwin filters. They're available where heavy duty truck parts are sold.

My buddy uses Fram Filters on every thing he owns. Forty some years worth. Never a problem. Kim

i have buddy the samething ! Fram is all he has used ! As far as I know he has never had a problem either ! I’ll just stick to what I’ve always done ! Factory filters for me !

-
Back