another headliner question

-

sammie

Reaction score
I think I know the answer? But ill ask anyway. I just installed a legendary headliner which went easy for once thanks to the quality of their products. Anyway my question is, does the headliner go under the weatherstrip channel on the sides? or does it get cut just before the stainless weatherstrip channel? My 68 parts car had it under the channel, that don't seem right to me , but it is the original headliner. its 69 barracuda fb FWIW

I think I know the answer? But ill ask anyway. I just installed a legendary headliner which went easy for once thanks to the quality of their products. Anyway my question is, does the headliner go under the weatherstrip channel on the sides? or does it get cut just before the stainless weatherstrip channel? My 68 parts car had it under the channel, that don't seem right to me , but it is the original headliner. its 69 barracuda fb FWIW[/QUOTo

Off topic but do you remember your bow color sequence. I'm doing my 67 cuda fb and forgot to mark them

I think I know the answer? But ill ask anyway. I just installed a legendary headliner which went easy for once thanks to the quality of their products. Anyway my question is, does the headliner go under the weatherstrip channel on the sides? or does it get cut just before the stainless weatherstrip channel? My 68 parts car had it under the channel, that don't seem right to me , but it is the original headliner. its 69 barracuda fb FWIW

It gets trimmed off. Also do not do what I did..... Install the interior trim piece first before installing the outer chrome piece. The outboard lip of the interior trim goes into a relief in the chrome. Had to pull the seal and chrome back off to get the interior piece in without scratching it all to heck. Good thing it has not been on to long and the seal did not tear on removal.:cheers:

I think I know the answer? But ill ask anyway. I just installed a legendary headliner which went easy for once thanks to the quality of their products. Anyway my question is, does the headliner go under the weatherstrip channel on the sides? or does it get cut just before the stainless weatherstrip channel? My 68 parts car had it under the channel, that don't seem right to me , but it is the original headliner. its 69 barracuda fb FWIW[/QUOTo

Off topic but do you remember your bow color sequence. I'm doing my 67 cuda fb and forgot to mark them

Seems they may have different color codes.. Several have posted red and black a bunch.

My 69

Headliner Bow Colors (recorded on removal)
Front
Brown
Green
Blue
Pink
Magenta
Rear
All Yellow on the right side.

-
Back