Another LA Roller Cam block…

-

mopardude318

Reaction score
So this van arrived a couple days ago. It for sure has the roller cam 360 in it. I don’t need it, nor do I really want to spend the $400 bucks and most of the day to go pull it. Weird thing is, I can’t keep my mind off it. LOL

I sure hate to see these engines go to waste.

I dunno, maybe Tuesday I’ll scope it out and see if I’m in the mood. I’ve pulled one from these vans a couple years ago at the same yard, and used that very engine for my current 408 that’s in my truck.
They’re a damn good block, mine sonic checked out good for a .070 overbore, plenty of meat left.

IMG_5633.png

I picked one up on a half off day a handful of years back. I sold the rotating assembly, and heads for more than I paid for the long block, so I essentially got a roller LA block, cam and lifters (w/ hardware) for free. I'll be using it for a 408 build. It still had the cross hatch in the bores too. I say go for it! What's a day of labor worth to you?

Last edited:
besides pulling it from a van (i'd sooner punch myself in the groin until i vomit) that's not a bad deal for a roller long block.

lkq has been upping their prices mad style, so i'd check with the cashier before turning any wrenches.

if you're thinking for yourself, and stashing it for a rainy day i'd say go for it. they're getting fewer and further apart. but there's like zero meat on the bone for a resale.

Sawsall the front of that **** with two vertical lines... Pull it out the front. It the way it is in those yards anymore. Watch someone destroy $500 in parts to get a $5 part out. Never a big proponent of that approach.

Half off day is the key at PnP

They absolutely do not allow any cordless grinders or sawzall’s. At least at this location.

I would have no intention of resale, it’d be a stick under the workbench and save it so it doesn’t get scrapped.

I JUST missed their half off deal, so full price it’ll have to be.

They do come out the front, my '78, the radiator support unbolts. You have to pull the Intake and have the right height engine hoist, stick the arm right down into the lifter valley. It is tight getting it out.

Hell, I'd be tempted to get the transmission too if it's A518/46RH. It'd be the non-lockup version. I just paid $500 for one from a local Dodge wrecker.

Yep- out the front and it's not as bad as it looks.

I pulled a 400 from a van after hemming and hawing about how to do it and having one of the crew swear it was easier though the floor. We spent 45minutes on that and gave up. Glad we didn't unhook the trans.

I don't think we even had to pull the intake, just the carb.

Yep- out the front and it's not as bad as it looks.

I pulled a 400 from a van after hemming and hawing about how to do it and having one of the crew swear it was easier though the floor. We spent 45minutes on that and gave up. Glad we didn't unhook the trans.

I don't think we even had to pull the intake, just the carb.
i pulled a 440 out of van. at the yard. in august.

never again.

They absolutely do not allow any cordless grinders or sawzall’s. At least at this location.

I would have no intention of resale, it’d be a stick under the workbench and save it so it doesn’t get scrapped.

I JUST missed their half off deal, so full price it’ll have to be.
One thing is for sure
We want have anymore produced so better u save it then it be melted down to
Make Weber grilles or a Hyundai fender.

-
Back