Another leaf spring question/problem

-

cudabob1965

Reaction score
So now come to find out the leaf springs on my 65 Cuda are 2 inches longer than they supposed to be. They are 21X 36 and springs and things says they should not be that long. Looks original but who knows. Replacement does not work may just get them re worked. Anyone ever hear of a different size leaf spring on 65? its a stock cuda slant six should be the same as all of them.

well the shop measured them and he talked to the folks at sprigs and things They all agree now that the springs that came off are 2 inches longer than an A body should have so Im letting them work it out I was just wondering if anyone ever heard of a problem like that. Probably not, but worth a try, They sure don't know why and everything looks original.

Hey cudabob- just saw that you're in Fort Walton Beach. Very nice area there. I was there seeral times for TDY at Eglin. I have an exgf that is from there also. We only broke up because of distance. I was stationed in NC at Seymour Johnson.

Yea its nice here of course very hot now. Eglin is a great base and I routinely drive the Barracuda there to avoid the bad traffic and tourist here.

My reference says 55" overall, 20" in the front and 35" in the back. So that seems to be what the shop is using. 2" longer than that would be an E-body spring, but the extra two inches is all in the front half. That would push your axle noticeably back, so it seems unlikely.

-
Back