-
Status
Not open for further replies.

volaredon

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
As stated above. Would like the ones used with the newer style aluminum compressor.
The style used without air pump mount provision preferred if possible/ but any are better than none.

It's going in a truck, but I can make car brackets work.

It's going in a truck, but I can make car brackets work.
I would just go with the normal truck bracket. It sets the compressor up high, but there is plenty of room under the D series hood and with the compressor up there it does not interfere with anything else. Lets you use stock AC hoses and stock belts. I initially had a new stock style condenser and it worked fine. A road hazard bolt went through it and I swapped to a modern parallel flow condenser. That had me getting the hose ends changed.
And you are correct, I removed the air pump and installed an idler pully on a sliding bracket where the air pump was previously. The pully is the stock pully from the main mount that took the place of the ac compressor. The bracket is a simple piece of flat steel bolted across the mount where the compressor pump was previously.

Is there a difference in F body /6 ac bracketry with the aluminum compressor vs a truck?
There used to be an 80 volare in a junkyard by me, that was an AC car. I went to pull the exhaust manifold off of it a couple of years ago and stopped when I discovered it to be cracked I don't know if it's still there.

though I cut the 45* kicker brace on the back side, and much of the smog pump specic hardware with a battery sawzall at the time, not thinking of future consideration of possibly wanting ac eventually,
if it's still there I should be able to make that back brace part.
Definitely no /6 trucks around here that had ac, to be pirated from any more. I got one new hose for factory style ac from a seller on eBay and I have the other on a watch list. I have everything for the under dash side that I'll be needing for the job. So being as how original style hoses can be had I'd like something that mounts close to factory positioning.

I don't have to have it "now" /as I just got the engine in and bolted up, I'm ok with doing the ac add on portion as a winter project. So if anyone has something of a parts vehicle coming down the pipeline keep me in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back