Another N.Cal. member and happy to be here :)

-

cuda12

Reaction score
Hi all!

Allow me to introduce myself, I'm J.P. from Northern California. Been a Mopar fan since I purchased my 1st at 16 a 1970 GTX 440 magnum. Sold for $1,200 and a Kawasaki 250, long story dont ask...LOL!

I really love the site and theres a lot of great people here with a lot of great resources to share amongst us.

I found the site after buying a 71 Dart Swinger for my son as a grad present this year. (BTW we got the fuel gauge working, it was corrosion on back of cluster, a good cleaning and walla). At the time of purchase the guy told me it had a 340 but as we soon found out, (putting it in the shop to fix some minor leaks), its a 360. To make a long story short, a new 360, some touch up paint work here and there, new battery, hoses, clamps, plugs, wires, etc... along with new front end bushings and the works...and (cough), $5,000 later she is proudly purring like a kitten and my son is grinning from ear to ear. Theres more work to be done but all in due time. I want him to enjoy it his senior year rather than looking at it in some garage. The finshing touches will be done next summer.

Anyway I just wanted to say hello and thanks for the great site and all its resources. I'll leave you with pics of my new Plymouth a 1970 GTX Hemi and my sons 71 Dodge Dart Swinger. Hope to share, learn and relish with you all our love for mother Mopar :)
J.P.

P.S. Dart pics too big, gimme a few and I'll resize and upload, Thx :)

1970_PlymouthGTX_Hemi-Right[1].jpg

1970_PlymouthGTX_Hemi-Left[1].jpg

1970_PlymouthGTX_Hemi-Engine[1].jpg

Both very nice clean cars, I actually got my 71 Dart around my high school graduation time too, however it was a 900 dollar slant 6 car at the time. Still doesn't look as good as your sons though. Where are you at in nor cal? I have seen a Dart like that looks almost just like that up in Milpitas a few times. I am from south San Jose BTW.

Welcome! Nice GTX!!, I have a 69 sunfire yellow Roadrunner coupe , but without the hemi. Mopars Rule!!

Welcome cuda12!
Glad you are enjoying this great site and my hat is off to you
for being a great mopar dad:hello2:

Got a sticker for the air cleaner to make raising the hood on the ole gal look better, what you all think?

IMG_0479.JPG

IMG_0494.JPG

-
Back